Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marriage

Amitabha.
    Ok, I looked through the FAQ's and I didn't see a section on this, unless I'm mentally handicapped, which my kindergarden teacher thought I was. . . . . . umm. . . what was my topic? Ahh yes, Marriage.

Are the Shaolin monks or their disciples allowed to wed? I noticed doc say something about finding a wife, but it was a rather old post, so I was wondering if they are allowed. Is it only under special occassions if allowed at all?

Thank you for reading this.

Amitabha.

Read the section in the Shaolin FAQ under Su Jia Di Zi. I knew it was in there, lol.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Oh, haha.

Hmm. . . I can't find what you speak of, but I did find this:

But that seems more like for a ceremony type of thing, not an overall ability to wed.

Hmm. . . I did find this as well:

but the link goes to no where, it hasn't been given directions on the page itself.

But, let's say he is a monk, just for the hell of it. Just because somebody has taken vows doesn't mean that he has to live by them. Some monks have met women, fallen in love, and have left the monk hood and started families (they are then called su jia di tz). So, vows are not really something to get your panties all twisted up about.
      Is that my answer? Would I have to leave the monk hood if I wanted to wed another? Would I still be a monk? Would I be welcome at the temple?

Amitabha.

Comment

bear man..

listen dude..i admire your willingness to keep the forum lively..ive noticed it has been quiet here lately..but that is probably because of summer..

anyway..if you want to start convos..start good ones..this one is just stupid

if you dont know enough about the subject then you really shouldnt be asking questions that could easily be answered by common sense

monks..monks were usually people(older men) who saught spiritual cultivation as a way of living out the rest of their days in a secluded..peaceful environment

thats what a monk is..a person who wishes to do away with "ordinary" life, and seek one of spiritual fullfillment

people usually dont just come to the idea of being a monk lightly..infact it usually was after years of pondering and this and that..that people actually went and decided to take the leap into monkhood

for one being a monk is hard..espcially after living a life of pleasure, and two, being a monk is alot of routine, and discipline..its a huge change, and its hard work

monks arent these fantasmical characters you see in movies..i dunno what misconceptions you have about monks ..but im pretty sure your way off

the only monks i could ever imagine wanting to marry are ones that either haved lived in the temple their whole lives(ie their parents sent them there at a young age) or..they are just really horny old bastards who cant take eating rice all the time and reading about metaphysics etc

anyway..i suggest you read the archives more, or atleast think before you write a topic..you might get some negative feedback..or worse none at all

anyway..peace

heheheheheh
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Working...
        X