STUK Sanda Competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• STUK Sanda Competition

Well it's gonna be fricken awesome. 10am this Sunday there's a student competition at ShaolinTemple UK. The tickets are ten quid a head. Everyone in the London area who can make it, come. It should be fun. The shifus might even spar, who knows...

Here's the address:

Shaolin Temple UK
    207a Junction Road, N19 5QA (Tuffnell Park Underground)

wont be able to make it - just wanted to say good luck and hope it goes well

dave
    simple and natural is my method,
    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

How much is a quid?

Thank god our founding fathers, in their supreme brilliance, decided to not use your monetary system..... LOL
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

A pound sterling.

Comment

tape it!!!

I hope you guys can film it...
          "Arhat, I am your father..."
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Wushu Comp

I thought there was the Wushu Comp in Milton Keynes on Sunday? I heard quite a few students from STUK were going to that?

Isnt there normally training on Sunday also?

Ill be there if it is anyway, screw going to Milton Keynes.

Comment

I'll tape it if I can, but I don't think they usually like it. They should have their own though...

Dunno about the Milton Keynes thing. Yeah, there's normally training on Sundays, there'll probably be this week too...

Comment

blood sport

so...is this comp gonna be a real san da comp or just some point thing like doc was talking about reffering to muy thai?

and are you gonna fight lippy?

btw if you guys wanna see a real comp tell yanzi to come down here ill show him how to fight
                "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

It's proper Sanda, I don't think Yanzi's a fan of the point stuff.

Naw, I'm not fighting, maybe in a year or two. Should be really interesting though, I'll finally get to see how good some of the guys are...

Comment

Cool, enjoy... try to get some vid. if you can.
                    practice wu de

Comment

......get it right before you start posting bullshit on the internet.

There is no competition at Shaolin Temple UK. It is the National Wushu Chamionships held by the B.C.C.M.A (British Council for Chinese Martial Arts). It is In Milton Keynes this Sunday (20 July). The championships consist of Taolu and Sanda events. The temple is entering students (around 14) in the Sanda tounament.

There is no training this sunday as most people are going up there to watch.

The details for travelling etc i think are up on the notice board at the Temple.

eerrrr.....thats it, i think

oh yeah, and its 'proper' sanda. full contact, within the sanda rules of course. and of course, like boxing, muay thai, K1, any fighting sport, points are awarded as a way to judge the winner if theres no knockout.

Comment

Okay, now I feel like a dickhead.

Just confirmed that it's the one at Milton Keynes, not at the temple. Well, a few different folks told me it was at the temple so I just passed that on.

Phew. Thanks hermit; sorry for the mixup folks.

Well, it's back to Milton Keynes Jay. Dammit, that's so much farther away.

So I assume I'll be able to tape it now...
                        Last edited by Lipster; 07-17-2003, 12:37 PM.

Comment

and how did it go...

I think we won 4 of the 9 male weight catagories and swept the board with about 2 of the 3 (?) female catagories. So enough talk of fighting applications for Shaolin Chan already! Respect to all those who took part (especailly SC, Will, Maria and Mikeal who truely rocked and all the rest were unlucky with not having had enough grapling/throwing training and practice and facing seriously good grappelers), next year the gold is all mine.....

Comment

congrats

dave
                            simple and natural is my method,
                            true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

Yeah, it was an interesting day - congrats to all who fought...

Well done...

Comment

Working...
                              X