Every one leave

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Every one leave

I've been reading this book "ransom: the rise of international kidnapping" , it looked intersting. Anyway, it seems to me that India shuold get out of kashmir, the Jews and the Palestinians should seperate and the British should get out of Northern Ireland. Am I wrong? Also, I feel like people who aren't integrated into the society are going to be hated. Not like outcasts or people who fall through the cracks. But like on NPR the other day, they talked about how in India, the British and the Indians got along famously for years, intermarriage, etc. When the societies started to seperate is when the shit hit the fan. I'm not an anti semite, but I think historiclly jews don't get along woth their neighbors. Like their low on electricity so they cut off the palestinians power. So my point is what it is.
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

History is replete with occurrences of one nation, country, race, or people occupying another, for whatever reason, whether it be to help, to hurt, or to destroy. It's our nature. It's never going to end.

I can see your point (Iraq is yet another example now); if you talk to the Jews, some will claim that nothing short of annihilation of the Arabs is in order, if you talk to some Arabs, nothing short of annihilation of the Jews will bring peace. It all boils down to basic beliefs, and an inability to try to understand past them.

It will never end.

Ah, the beauty of Thailand. Everyone is just soooo nice. (Did you know that Thailand is the only country in the world that has never been forcibly occupied by another country?)
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well?

Originally posted by doc
      Ah, the beauty of Thailand. Everyone is just soooo nice. (Did you know that Thailand is the only country in the world that has never been forcibly occupied by another country?)
      I don't mean to correct but keep you honest....

Really, Thailand is the only Southeast Asian country never to have been taken over by a European power.

To this day they are still fighting with Malaysia over a one kilometer stretch of territory near the Kolok River. Also, Cambodia accuses Thailand of moving and destroying boundary markers and of sealing off access to the Preah Vihear Temple awarded to Cambodia in 1962. Laos has disputes with Thailand over border lines and the small islands of the Mekong River.
      And nevermind the entire Border of Burma, just a few guerrilla rebels, refugees, smuggling and drug trafficking of opium, heroin, and marijuana.

But the country is beautiful and everyone is soooooo nice? (to a 6 foot 4 bald man)

Don't be mad at me. ( I had to chase your dog down at 6:30 am)
      Last edited by Steve; 07-17-2003, 12:24 PM.
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I stand uncorrected. And my dog loves when you chase him down in the morning, or, anytime, for that matter. Stupid animal he is, thinking he can leave the backyard and FIND me, lol.

Oh, and wtf did you get that picture of you??? It's hysterical. My little Thai honey thinks you're cute. She now wonders if all Americans look like that. She's also wondering why I don't have hair when you do.

Just loves old doc's bald head though...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

Not hysterical.

It was a bad hair day.
          I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
          "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
          "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

baghdad bulletin
            "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

I'd have to imagine that your dog gets kind of pissed when you leave so much doc..prob. forget though as soon as you walk in the front door.
              Nice hair Steve, do you have one of those static electricity balls or something?....
              practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
                Nice hair Steve, do you have one of those static electricity balls or something?....
                There is a joke there somewhere but I am not touching it. (or am I?)

Too many nights at church...

Comment

Too many nights at church...
                  I usually just get concerned with too many nights with the church LADY....
                  practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                  X