Styles incorporated into Shaolin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Styles incorporated into Shaolin

Here is a little piece of information, I would like to start a discussion on. Let me know what you ladies and gentleman think about this one.

Here we go:

The styles listed below were brought to Shaolin Temple under the abbotship of Fu Ji in the early 1700s. Most, if not all, were incorporated into Shaolin in one form or another.

1. "Long-range Boxing" (Chang Quan) style of emperor Tai Zu.

2. "Through the Back" (Tongbei) boxing of Master Han Tong.

3. Hand technique "Rap Around and Seal" (Chan Feng) of Master Zhang En.

4. "Close-range Strikes" (Duanda) boxing of Master Ma Ji.

5. Master Huang You's "Close Range Hand Techniques" (Kao Shou).

6. The technique "Blocking Hands and Following Trough Fist" (Keshou Tongquan) of Master Jin Xiang.

7. The hand techniques of "Hooking, Scooping and Grabbing Hands" (Gou Lou Cai Shou) of Master Liu Xing.

8. The "Methods of Sticking, Grabbing, and Falling" (Zhanna Diefa) of Master Yan Qing.

9. The "Short Boxing"(Duan Quan) of Master Wen Yuan.

10. The style "Monkey Boxing" (Hou Quan) of Master Sun Heng.

11. The "Cotton Fist"(Mien Quan) techniques of Master Mien Shen.

12. The "Throwing-Grabbing and Hard Crashing" (Shuailue Yingbeng) techniques by Master Huai De.

13. The technique of "Ducking, Leaking and Passing through the Ears" (Gunlou Guaner) of Master Tan Fang.

14. The strongest leg kicking technique is "Mandarin ducks kick " (Yuanyang Jiao) of Master Lin Chong.

15. The "Seven Postures of Continuous Fist Strikes" (Qishi Lianquan) techniques by Master Meng Su.

16. "Hand Binding and Grabbing" (Kunlu Zhenru) techniques of Master Yang Gun.

17. The techniques of "Explosive Strikes into the Hollow Parts of the Body" (Woli Paochui) by Master Cui Lian.

18. "Praying Mantis" (Tanglang) boxing of Master Wang Lang.

Uwe

I've only heard of a few of these styles.. The monkey, Taizu chang chuan, tongbei, and tanglang...
    I'd be interested in hearing of where these infuences are in Shaolin, some are obvious, others not so much I'm guessing.
    practice wu de

Comment

Working...
    X