Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The latest on Shi Wan Heng

Doc, one quick add-on.

ShaolinWolf posted a current image of Shi Wang Heng on their site. I took the liberty of adding it here.

Uwe
    Attached Files

Could someone tell me where to find out what happened to him, or would someone explain it? Maybe?

Comment

I like his shoes

Comment

the short version is that the sitting abbot, Yong Xin, consolidated power, accepted disciples out of lots and lots of monks, and Shi Wan Heng was made "uncomfortable" in the new political climate. basically he didn't place his allegiance with Yong Xin.

he also made a joke to some people that he was abbot which Yong Xin did not find funny.

that's the very short version.
        "Arhat, I am your father..."
        -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Found this on a Spanish site:

Shi Wang Heng, preso

Según fuentes internacionales, un escandaloso incidente ha acontecido en el ámbito del Monasterio de Shaolin, Henan, China.

El Gran Maestro Shaolin Shi Wang Heng ha sido arrestado por policías que responden a la autoridad del Abad del templo, Shi Yong Xin. Shi Wang Heng había sido echado del templo hace un año por Shi Yong Xin. Aparentemente, el arresto se realizó en la entrada de la Cueva de Ta mo, ante numerosos testigos.

Para ubicarnos en esto, digamos que Shi Wang Heng - hoy un preso de 84 años - ha estado viviendo en el Monasterio desde 1928, siendo uno de los cuatro monjes verdaderos que se quedaron en el templo durante la Revolución maoísta, soportando persecuciones que dieron como consecuencia torturas y ejecuciones por parte de las tropas del Ejército Rojo.

Curiosamente, es sabido que Shi Yong Xin - quien ultimamente ha donado 200.000 yuanes para luchar contra la Neumonía Atípica dado que Henan es un centro epidémico - no es un monje ordenado, sino una autoridad impuesta por el poder comunista para proteger la importante fuente de divisas que representa hoy el mítico monasterio.

Es muy poco lo que hemos podido recabar al respecto, pero es sabido que en los últimos años la lucha por el poder en el templo Shaolin ha dado lugar a más de un acontecimiento irregular.

Translated with babelfish:

Shi Wang Heng, prisoner

According to international sources, a scandalous incident has occurred in the scope of the Monastery of Shaolin, Henan, China. The Great Teacher Shaolin Shi Wang Heng has been arrested by police that respond to the authority of the Abbot of the temple, Shi Yong Xin. Shi Wang Heng had been thrown of the temple for a year by Shi Yong Xin. Apparently, the arrest was made in the entrance of the Cave of Ta mo, before numerous witnesses. In order to locate in this, we say to us that Shi Wang Heng - today a prisoner of 84 years - has been living in the Monastery from 1928, being one of the four true monks that remained in the temple during the maoísta Revolution, supporting persecutions that gave like consequence tortures and executions on the part of the troops of the Red Army. Peculiarly, he is known that Shi Yong Xin - that last has donated 200,000 yuanes to fight against the Atypical Neumonía since Henan is an epidemic center - is not a ordered monk, but an authority imposed by the communist power to protect the important currency source that represents the mythical monastery today. He is very little what we have been able to successfully obtain on the matter, but is known that in the last years the fight by the power in the Shaolin temple has given rise to more of an irregular event.

Comment

Doc...

I'm curious to know what the word on the street in Shaolin is regarding Wan Heng...what's the haps?
            -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

There was no word on the street about Wan Heng. And I'm not surprised.

You have to remember something. There is a new sheriff in town. The new sheriff is actually doing a good job of cleaning out the shit. (He did a good job of moving on those that were not going to play ball well with him too). The Shaolin and Dengfeng that I saw this past trip revealed much homage to Yongxin; as I've mentioned before in another post, but, which nobody probably "picked up", I commented that I was amazed at "how many new disciples Yongxin has", when referring to the headmasters of the schools that I had visited.

People realize who's running the show. They've jumped on the bandwagon, and they're playing the tune. Those that don't play stay very, very quiet.
              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
              russbo.com

Comment

Oh

Comment

oh yeah...

Lip and I were talking about that, how everyone was basically becoming Yong Xin's disciple. Guolin for instance supposedly has had three 'masters.'

The story as I have it, is, he became a monk outside of Shaolin (which I think is interesting because he is Yong Xin's declared Dharma heir, which would be the first time in Shaolin history that a monk from outside of Shaolin could become Abbot) then became Yan Chang's disciple when they got to NY, and then Yong Xin's. It's also interesting that Yan Ming takes flak for things Yong Xin's disciples do no problemo...

Lots followed suit due to the way the wind was blowing as you say, and this caused some friction with the older monks who saw no reason to abandon their current masters to kow tow to YX.

Wan Heng saw no reason to play ball so got on the shit list, like De Yang and others, and that is why he had to find a new home.

The other day he was happily kicking cai jiao's in the back of the temple...makes me smile a little...
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Although

If we look at it, there are big differences between Yan Ming and Guolin. Some might say a that most of the flack Yan Ming get is from his 'lifestyle'.

WushuSpear

Comment

Originally posted by WushuSpear
                      Although

If we look at it, there are big differences between Yan Ming and Guolin. Some might say a that most of the flack Yan Ming get is from his 'lifestyle'.

WushuSpear
                      wushu- I would go so far as to say there are tremendous differences between the two monks. but you may have missed the point I was trying to make...not necessarily to judge the two men against one another, or others in the order, but to judge the circumstances in which they find themselves.
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Hello Arhat

I'd say that the circumstances the 2 monks currently find themselves IMHO does not have anything to do with who they recognize as their master rather their 'lifestyle' and their history.

WushuSpear

Comment

Hello Arhat

I'd say that the circumstances the 2 monks currently find themselves IMHO does not have anything to do with who they recognize as their master rather their 'lifestyle' and their history.

WushuSpear
                          no problemo wushu- I understand people can express opinions, woefully ignorant opinions maybe, but it's not their fault they don't know...
                          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Hello Arhat

WushuSpear

No no no, circumstances has to do with everything! Dont forget the laws of cause and consequense, even randomness's caused effect if there is such a thing as randomness.

Comment

Like synchronicity? Shut up Ben.

I am Ben.

Man, that's so crazy though. And, what about Shi Yan Ming's lifestyle is problematic?

Comment

Working...
                              X