intro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• intro

since other hosers are doing them, i figured i would as well, if only to make newbies feel guilty at a later date.

anyhoo, i'm a wing tsun student in washington state whose interest in shaolin is mainly academic -- for the time being. since there's no shaolin in my area, academic it shall remain until either someone moves here or i move near a proper school. for now, i'm happy with the wt.

i'm also a mod on kfm (gene's site), but i like what i've seen here, as the perspectives on shaolin are a little different, and that shaolin is this site's main focus.

that's about it. happy day to all.

-david

hey buddy, so youre defecting from KFO now huh? I found Russbo long before stumbling across Genes site. This forum has been rather quiet since Doc changed the site a bit i think, but hopefully it will pick up again soon. There are a few of us regulars here who have been posting for years, but not much happening.

dave (dezhen)
    simple and natural is my method,
    true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

See what happens when doc tries to improve things?

Welcome to the gang. Hope you find your time here enjoyable and educational.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

silly dave. no defection. you of all people would know, mr. "member of 342 forums."

anyhoo, doc, it has been educational thus far, particularly about the people involved that i've read about.

i'm still picking up pieces about this running inside joke regarding "church" -- i suspect i'll discover the full meaning as i go.

thanks for having me around. trust that i'll harass you later.

-david

Comment

Welcome...

A bit different over here compared to kfo (no ra lek, no shaolin-do babbling, etc). As far as church is concerned, it is just a place that doc goes to meet some nice lady friends...

Shaolinstylee
          aka
          NP
          practice wu de

Comment

hola np.

yeah, i got a l'il bit of a explanation on church. ain't no thang. every man should have religion.

Comment

Welcome to the family man. We're all just a bunch of students here, even doc. He's just a student with a handful of medical degrees. Everyone here has their particular areas of expertise and ignorance as you'll soon discover, but it all blends toghether to form an interesting, usually quite educational atmosphere.

As for church, thats just one of Doc's hunting grounds. By the way Doc, you should try going to more Unitarian Churches.
              Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Hey, let's get this straight. Church is where we go to save souls.

Nothing more, nothing less...
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

then your soul must need a lot of saving

dave
                  simple and natural is my method,
                  true and sincere is my principle --Tse Sigung

Comment

My soul is beyond salvation.

Our sole purpose in participating in the nightly prayer events, is to provide soul saving advice to wayward young, mistreated, misled, thoroughly lost and confused females who are in search of the true enlightened way.

We selfishly continue in our quest. We want nothing in return.

russbo.com

Comment

We want nothing in return.
                      you sure about that?

Comment

I was kind of questioning that too...
                        good for you saving lost souls, but isn't that what LV is all about?
                        practice wu de

Comment

Our motives are purely unselfish.

Just ask Steve.

russbo.com

Comment

Las Vegas is all about saving lost souls? Silly me i thought vegas was all about profiting off of lost souls.

The LV city council might as well just up and rename the place New Gommorrah. And then Reno could be New Sodom. Wouldn't that be fun? At least it would be honest
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I was going more for the LV being about losing ones soul, rather than being found or save or whatever...
                              practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                              X