Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• St. George Utah Seidokan Seminar

Seidokan Taikai

The time has rolled around again. St. George, UT Seidokan is hosting Kyoshi Jody Paul for our yearly Taikai on Friday and Saturday, Sept 12th and 13th. There will be advanced testing (Brown and up) on Friday evening, the 12th. Saturday we will have a morning session from 10 to noon, and in the afternoon from 2 to 4. Paul Kyoshi has been a direct student of Seidokan founder Toma Shian for over 30 years. He currently is a 7th dan in Okinawan Seidokan Karate and Kobudo. Additionally, he was a direct student of Shorinji Kempo founder Doshin So, and holds an 8th degree black belt in that system. In addition to Seidokan Toide, Paul sensei is a senior student under Motobu Ryu head Seikichi Uehara, and expert in the art of Motubo Ryu Toide. His kobudo expertise, beyond Seidokan Kobudo, was gained directly under Seikichi Odo. He is founder and president of the International Seidokan Motobu Ryu Rengokai, operating as a branch of Toma Sensei's Zen Ryukyu Seidokan Karate Kobudo Renmei. He serves on the board of directors of the International Karate Kobudo Federation with C. Bruce Heilman, one of Odo Sensei's senior students. Paul Kyoshi, as you can see, studied directly with an "A" list of martial arts masters, and will be sharing his years of knowledge and skill at our annual taikai. There will be a dinner Saturday (place to be determined) and an informal yudansha get-together at my home afterwards. Everyone is invited. There is plenty of padded floor space at my home, and mats at the dojo for those not wishing to stay in a hotel. Please RSVP if coming from far away so I'll know how many to plan for.

Eddy Schumacher
    dojo@sginet.com
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Working...
X