Ying Chuan: An evolution from a traditional form

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ying Chuan: An evolution from a traditional form

Ying Chuan (eagle) is currently taught, and is fairly well known, throughout Shaolin, by both the older and the younger generation monks. It is not originally a Shaolin form, but apparently is a traditional form that came "from the outside", from some unknown family or temple, some unknown many years ago.

But, the problem as I have seen it now, is that, Ying Chuan, is performed in different ways by many different people. And each person stylizes it in a fashion that that person so desires. The eruption of outside competition forces no doubt has caused this change in Ying Chuan.

So, at the present time, though initially a traditional form, Ying Chuan has evolved over the past fifteen years or so into a wushu competition form based upon a traditional form. Unfortunately, I can't find anyone who knows the original traditional form. (I haven't asked Shi De Cheng yet, he might now it; he knows an eagle form, the name of which I don't know).

I'll continue to look into this.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

The wushu eagle claw form is pretty popular in the open empty hands in the wushu circuit now if I'm not mistaken.
    practice wu de

Comment

I know I saw a Ying Chuan video clip somewhere on this website. Can't seem to find it. Any help locating it??
      Thanx!!

Comment

Ying Chuan Slideshow

There is not a video of Ying Chuan but there a slideshow of it, see if you can follow this link:

russbo.com Discussion Forum / Library > RESTRICTED AREAS > File, Audio, Video, Book, and Slideshow Libraries > Slideshow Library > Shaolin Gong Fu > Ying Chuan

The Video Archives of Russbo may have the original video.. i could make a clip of it if can be found.
        Tell me you still need help finding the slideshow. I fixed the settings on the slideshows too, so it should stream better now.
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

I found it, but it's difficult to get the gyst of the form from a slideshow. I would love to see the video clip, if you can put it together from something in the video archive. Thanx!

Comment

Can't find it.

It was one of the old ones. I can't find it.
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Working...
            X