Tong Zi Gong

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tong Zi Gong

Can anyone help me finding more information on Tong Zi Gong beside the video in the Video Library.....
    thanks in advance,

Tim

Well, it's a bitch of a form to learn and perform. While I was spending time with the wushu guan team, one of the guys there, an older one, in his late teens or early twenties, specialized in Tong Zi Gong. Usually you just find the kids doing this form, because of their increased flexibility (but, there are some exceptions, from what I remember, Shi Wan Heng can do it, or, used to, but, no doubt he started at an early age). The key to doing this form correctly, is impressive flexibility. In fact, this guy on the wushu team was so flexible, he could turn his foot completely around. Bizarre. Kind of reminded me of a Coney Island circus freak show act.

But, as I watched this guy, I noticed something else. In my medical opinion, he really looked like he had a connective tissue disorder, called Marfan's syndrome. Kind of like the disease that Abraham Lincoln is thought to have had. It's a genetice disorder whereby one is exceedingly tall, and has excessive joint laxity, among many other nasty things. It certainly would explain his incredible flexibility.

TongZiGong has absolutely no combat applications that I can think of, other than freaking your opponent out. It's predominantly a child's form, which teaches balance, flexibility and strength, but, other than being impressive to watch, in my opinion, has limited value. Enclosed within the form are movements which show adoration of Buddha; but, this is not uncommon, Da Lohan has similar adorative movements, as do some of the other forms.

I'll have more videos of this available soon. I've got them, just have to produce them when I get home.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc!
      well, I don't really care about the combat application, but it's always nice to freak ppl out right?!

Comment

well i think so hahahahhah
        lil monk

Comment

Working...
        X