Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Visas for monks

Dear Doc,

First off let me add my voice to the chorus and say thanks for a great and informative site, a valuable resource for the Shaolin community.

I started training in London with Shifu Shi Yanzi and later moved to Beijing where I continued training with Shifu Shi Yangao. I'm now heading to Minnesota and I'm interested in the possibility of flying Shi Yangao out there to start a wushu school.

So I suppose my question is how do you import monks? From what I've read getting visas for Chinese citizens is a real headache but if anyone should know, it'd be you. So any words of wisdom on where to get started that you could throw my way would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Alan

OK, yes, I got your email about this very issue, and yes, I will respond to it, as I will here.

But, this was not an easy process, nor is it going to be an easy answer for me to put together. You're talking about a two year process. It's going to take me some time to put it together (and for many reasons, this is a bad time, lol).

I will get to this as soon as possible. It's on the list. You, know, the list that keeps growing and growing, lol....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Monk visa info

If you guys get any more info about the visa issue, please let me know. Going the direct route through "special skills" visa (0-1??) seems to take too long.

Hanguo Laohu

Comment

I'm still working on this diatribe. I've been busy hosting six monks at my house for Thanksgiving (which is another story I have to talk about), and I've been ill.

Promise. I'll get this done. But it's a long story.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

6 monks??!!

6 monks??!! Shi de Cheng, Shi Xing Hong?? Who else? That's a lot of tofu man. Did de Yang do any teaching or demos?

Hanguo Laohu

Comment

Tofu..

Not much Tofu.... One of them even liked Doc's Lasagna.
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Shi Xing Ying, Shi Xing Hao, Shi De Cheng, Shi Xing Wei, Shi De Ru, and Shi De Yang.

All had a great time. Got pictures coming soon.

russbo.com

Comment

Thanks Doc for continuing to work towards putting a reply together!

Logam11... Are you also trying to bring a monk over from China to the US?

Comment

Working...
                X