Shaolin Temple training

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Temple training

Hello everybody , i'm new on your forum .
    I have twenty years old and i'm french , so sorry if my english is not very good but i think you will understand .I would like to know what is the name of the real temple of shaolin ? (the most famous where we can training).And i would like to know how does it cost to practise in this temple ?
    Thanks to answer me and see you soon

Good question, if what you mean to imply, is how much training costs in the actual temple (the name of which, is Shao Lin Si).

Over the past few years, actual training within the temple was possible if you knew a monk who would take you in there to train. There was no formalized or advertised actual training sessions available in the temple proper. Besides, at least in my opinion, there were not many areas available for actual training, and I also felt that the plethora of tourists, all too curious for my tastes, just was far too much of a distraction.

However, during my recent visits, I did notice some people training in the temple proper. Some monks do teach within the temple walls. Nice touch, but, I think that there are better training areas elsewhere (up in the mountains, for one). How they are advertising this, other than word of mouth, is beyond me. Nor do I know what they're charging. I also don't know if this is an official act of Yongxin and the temple (remember, I noticed in one of my recent journals the upswing in contemporary wushu performances within the temple), or, if it is just a privately arranged item.

With the current swing of the Shaolin Temple Wushu Training Center (Guan) away from the influence of Yongxin, I've always wondered how Yongxin was going to capitalize on the new found training of foreigners opportunity within the now deserted and destroyed Shaolin village. Might Yongxin open a training center for the temple proper, itself?? Interesting concept.

(Now that we've put this thought in his head, let's see what he does with it, lol....)
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Ok so what do you advise me if i want to learn kung fu in China so as to have a good level ?
      How many times , where to go , how will it cost , etc... ?
      Thanks to help me

Comment

Originally posted by Gaël
        Ok so what do you advise me if i want to learn kung fu in China so as to have a good level ?
        How many times , where to go , how will it cost , etc... ?
        Thanks to help me
        If you read through the forums, there are plenty of threads on several schools in Dengfeng and on the Wushu guan, some of which include prices. There are also places within this site to look at what you can expect (or not expect) while training in China.
        practice wu de

Comment

It's kind of hard to say how many times it will take you, or how long. It's all a matter of perspective.

I've been going for the past eight years. Been to China fourteen times. Spent, cumulatively, over a year in Shaolin. Learned a hell of a lot of gong fu, yet, I don't feel that I've reached a good level. (Especially this year, because of my health). Different people have different abilities and different expectations of themselves. And, you don't have to go to China to learn real gong fu, you've got one hell of a good monk in London, which is a lot closer to you.

Costs are all delineated in each respective school's threads in this forum. There's tons of information scattered throughout the website about training in China. Make sure that you go to the Site Map and read the suggested reading areas (bottom of the page) to help guide your reading through the site.

Achieving a "good level" could take you a lifetime. It's not something that you master in a course; it's an endeavor.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Ok i'm sorry i don't understand all (because i'm french) but i'm going to go where you tell me on this forum.There isn't a option to make your forum in french forum ?

Comment

My last experience with French, after studying it for five years, had to do with some little French girl in Paris.

Snooty little bitch she was.

I'm doing better with Chinese...

russbo.com

Comment

I look a little on this forum and "den feng" & "shi de cheng's school" come back frequently !!
                And it's possible to train oneself at the "wushu team of Beijing" ?

Comment

OOOOH! I can answer this one. De Cheng's school and almost all schools in Dengfeng are more traditional Gong Fu and Wushu, where as the Beijing team is modern/contemporary, more fast, more flashy, etc.

It all depends on what your goals are, whether you want something traditional or modern.

See how quickly I learn Doc?

Comment

Ok thank you for you answer CreativeFighter
                    It must be interesting tou practise traditional kung fu then modern kung fu ...
                    And in traditional kung fu , who's school you advise me ?

Comment

I suggest picking up a copy of a magazine called KungFu Qigong, this month's issue is devoted to schools in DengFeng, you'll find it VERY informative and helpful.

Comment

Oki i don't know il this magasine is for sale in France but i'm going to see...
                        Have you bought it ?

Comment

Yes I have bought it, however, I am not sure if it is for sale in France.

Comment

shameless vendor plug

If it's not for sale in France, you might be able to order specific issues, or a subscription, through www.martialartsmart.com I beleive that company and the publishers of Kungfu Qigong magazine are business partners. I forget the actual magazines website though.

Or just type kungfu qigong magazine into a search engine.
                            Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Effectively they don't buy this magzine in France
                              Moreover if you say there is reporting on the school in DengFeng , i'm too much digust
                              There isn't a person who can give me a copy with his scanner ? (i know it's impolite but i would like too much to read this article).
                              Thanks in advance

Comment

Working...
                              X