Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Doc, about thanksgiving at your house.......

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Doc, about thanksgiving at your house.......

So my question essentially boils down to this, what exactly do you mean by the phrase registered student of chan wu xue yuan in good standing? Cause frankly, I live in Los Angeles, and I might be visiting vegas over the weekend of the 18th of october (long story) and if I do I'll probably spend a few hours at the school take in a friday or saturday gongfu class, and get my ass registered. This seems like one of the only fun things I can do in vegas considering that I don't drink anymore, I don't gamble, and I'm celibate. But who knows, maybe I just have to meet the right girl at Doc's church on a sunday morning. I obviously won't be enrolling in any classes since there's no way in hell I could make that commute.

So the point is, I'm also interested in attending thanksgiving at your house. I can't afford to fly back to the east coast to spend the holiday with my family, so why not just fly over to vegas and spend it with you guys? Which brings me back to the original question, what do you mean by "in good standing"? Does that mean I can't buy any of the monks a thanksgiving lapdance?
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

A registered student is one who registers and takes courses with our institution, regardless of whether you're an out of town, infrequent weekend warrior, a foreigner or takes a week long or month long program, or a local daily practitioner.

And no, you can't buy any of the monk's a lapdance. Nor will I be responsible for finding you the "right girl" at church, though, I can be convinced to asist you in your quest.

Interesting. People are starting to RSVP for this thing. And nobody has any idea of my cooking skills...

PS: We'll work on trying to find good deals at local nearby hotels for people.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Well that's all well and good, but once again, what exactly does it mean to be "in good standing"? Does this mean I can't defecate on the mats at chan wu xue yuan if i visit next month?

And by the way doc, don't worry about your cooking skills or lack thereof, in the worst case scenario, Buddhists can stand to spend the day fasting. Who knows, if I can make it maybe I'll help you out. I've cooked proffessionally in several restaurants. Good ones, not diners or fast food places. Although frankly this one four star restaurant I worked in was quite amazing given the calibre of the dishes which we sent out of the kitchen in juxtaposition with the number of crackheads working inside said kitchen. But that's a story for another time. Am I the only in this forum who has ever seen a LaborReady dishwasher fall asleep while standing up in the middle of a shift?

Comment

We frown upon defecating in our school; it makes the mats slippery, and makes the horrendous odor worse. Though, it would be more reminiscent of the actual training in China...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

mental note:
          bring food to Doc's...
          "Arhat, I am your father..."
          -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

You can make one of those tofu Turkeys for the monks...lol...

There was a good episode of Everybody Loves Raymond where his wife made one for Thanksgiving....I guess you can just hope everything goes that well.
            practice wu de

Comment

Oh god don't remind me about the tofu turkeys......

I grew up in a unitarian universalist church and they had a big church dinner every thanksgiving, the tofu turkey was more of a tradition there than the real turkey was.

God that thing was a monstrous beast of soy.

I dont mind stir-fried bean curd if its seasoned right and served with veggies and brown rice, but a solid 15 lb sculpture of tofu is just kind of nasty in my humble opinion.

Comment

I like fake in my women, not in my food. You won't find a tofu turkey, or tofu shaped anything, in my house. Only the real shit goes into my stomach.

And you haven't had turkey until you've had my smoked turkey. But I'm not sure I'm going to make that.

Will probably do the famous lasagna, and the not so famous turkey. And have plenty of veggies for you real Buddhists out there. And rice too. God knows you can't have Chinese people in your house without having rice, lol...

russbo.com

Comment

No Lasagna

Not the Lasagna again... There is still some left in the freezer from last Christmas.
                  I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
                  "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
                  "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
                  "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Not the Lasagna again... There is still some left in the freezer from last Christmas.
                    At least it didn't crawl away.

Must've been good...
                    practice wu de

Comment

Damn.

Now, how am I going to get rid of it...

russbo.com

Comment

Hey Doc,

I'm back in america, and on my way to colorado. I'll be out there next week. This thanksgiving thing sounds like a great idea. I'm 90% sure you can count me in.

It was great training with Shi De Cheng in china and it will be good to see him again.

Comment

Glad you made it home safely. I just got home myself.

See you for Thanksgiving. The peoples they be piling up for this event...

russbo.com

Comment

Well I'm settled in here at colorado. What do I do about finding your place? I'll probably just drive from colorado. I assume I just point the car in the general direction of las vegas, but the particulars are a little important. It will be good to see Decheng again.

Comment

Directions to doc's house:
                              • Point the car in the general direction of Las Vegas. Drive fast.
                              • Follow the bleach blonde babes, with their huge black clothing bags, in their new cars, at six AM. (Strippers, looking for Steve, who, left my house many, many hours before, but, they don't know that. ) Typical Steve babes can be identified by their flamboyant dress, bleached hair extensions that don't match their eyebrows, puffy collagen injected lips, drippy mascara, and shortened steering wheel columns to accomodate their enhanced chest areas. They tend to moan, and or mouth, the words "Steve, Steve, OH STEVE", as they drive. Oh, almost forgot, they all have child seats in the back of their Jaguars.
                              • Once in the gated community, look for the house with all the dog **** on the lawn. My neighbors have "For Sale" signs on their lawns. The front of my house usually looks like a used car showroom, especially when the gang is hanging out here. Which, because they all act like they're homeless, is every day.
                              • Don't park next to the red pickup truck. Tonya hates when people get too close to her ride. After training with us for the past six months, she is a force to be reckoned with. Don't mess with her. And don't park next to the white Suburban either. The fluids dripping out of that thing will eat away at your tires.

Easy. Got it?

Just call me when you get lost. I'll either give you directions, or send out the search parties. We'll keep Tonya busy looking for you guys as you wander around our lovely city.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X