YongXin's appearance in kungfu/qigong magazine

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• YongXin's appearance in kungfu/qigong magazine

Okay, so im only somewhat attuned into the whole political thing arouns the Shaolin Temple. From what i gathered, a lot of ppl dont like this new abbot. i was wondering if i could get some info (opinions welcome) about him in regards but not limited to the following topics:

-clearing the village around the sholin temple
    -the issue of modern vs traditional shaolin, particularly whether or not he intends to do anything about the apparent eclectization of old shaolin and communist governmental wushu
    -chan teachings
    -the trademarking of 'shaolin'

other stuff, just kinda wandering about this guy.

OK, you've got a lot of reading to do. These issues have been discussed at length in the past; there's lots of information on the site about it. Here's where to look. (Feel free to discuss these issues in their appropriate existing threads).

Information on the destruction of the village can be found in the SITE CONTENT/FUGUE/DESTRUCTION section. Discussion threads can be found in the ARCHIVE and in this present forum,

The issue of modern versus traditional gong fu can be found in lots of places. I first brought this to light back in the old forum (ARCHIVE), somewhere in one of my JOURNALS. It is also discussed in this forum, under SHAOLIN TOPICS, Topic Seven.

There is no discussion about him and Chan teachings on the site. Though, his actions have been interesting, relative to that.

There has been extensive discussion of the trademarking of Shaolin. I mentioned this a long time ago also. The latest discussion can be found in SITE CONTENT/SHAOLIN TOPICS/TOPIC 12, and also, in this forum, under the SHAOLIN TOPICS forum thread, Topic 12. I might have also mentioned it in the ARCHIVE, way back before it even became an issue. (I can be a clairvoyant mother****er sometimes, lol....)

You've got a lot of reading to do. Lots of information. Also, if you read some of my Journals in the ARCHIVE and this forum, you'll find more information. I tend to rant a bit in my Journals when it comes to politics and stuff.

Feel free to continue these discussions in their appropriate threads. We have not seen the end to these issues, in fact, it's going to get worse...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Working...
    X