Shaolin do / style question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin do / style question

I have been training in Shaolin Do for almost a year... I have pretty much believed most of the history / grandmaster for the last year... I believed that that was the style that everyone practiced when they said "Shaolin" (as in sholin gong fu) ... then I happened to stumble on this site and was shown the viewpoints and styles of other martial artists.

My question is... should i discontinue my training in search of a another teacher/school. I hope to someday be able to visit China (often) to train and if possible move there. I do not want to continue something that is, how to put it, not what I should be putting my efforts. I live in Cincinnati and I dont believe there are any other Shaolin schools around me but I would not mind training in, traditional wushu. Personally all of this is making me quite confused haha.

Any insight or help, I might have have said somthing wrong about the traditional wushu ... no offense meant.
    Thanks.

Well it depends what your sifu is like. If you like his/her teaching style and are learning alot from the practice, then stay with it. If not, and even if you can't find a shaolin gongfu school in your area, then perhaps try looking at other gongfu schools. Maybe hung gar is more you're thing. Maybe sun style taijiquan. Run a search on the internet for schools within a distance your comfortable commuting within, and see what's around.
    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
    X