Too young?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too young?

I was hoping to go to China this summer, or the next, but im only 14. I was wondering if anyone had any opinions on how old you should bif you are going to travel there. By travel, i mean going there to train. Also is it a good idea to learn chinese... even if it would only be a small amount of it?

Are you going alone or with a group?

I don't recommend that you go alone at your age. Traveling in China is a bit different than traveling, let's say, in Europe or the US.

For one thing, it's a bit safer, lol. But the language and cultural differences can make it harder.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

No im not in a group, My mom would come and stay with me for a week or so, depending on if/where i go.

Ive gone too mexico a few times to visit my uncle, and have been left on my own so im used to a culture shock. Not saying that chinese culture is anything like mexico, just saying that im used to being put in those kind of situations lol.
      So far the http://www.shaolins.com seems my best bet... just because I have the most information about it. Yes, ive seen that most people say that Denfeng, China would be the best place to go to train but I dont really know how to go about finding my way there so to speak haha, and I doubt that anyof the good schools there would also have a website

My school unfortunatly only teaches japanese, Im gonna try to get some books or somthing to see if i can try to learn a little bit of the language

Comment

Oh Christ, here we go again with shaolins.com....
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Not good? My minds not set or anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Maz
            Yes, ive seen that most people say that Denfeng, China would be the best place to go to train but I dont really know how to go about finding my way there so to speak haha, and I doubt that anyof the good schools there would also have a website
            I visited a school in Dengfeng last month, and they did actually have a website (it seems to be in Chinese only though): http://www.shaolinwushuschool.com/
            It seemed to be a decent place to train if you want to go to Dengfeng. They accept foreigners to train there, and I think it was around 4000 CNY for a month. Otherwise you could always go to the official wushu guan in Shaolin, don't know their prices though..

Comment

You don't pick a school based on the fact that they have a pretty website.

Some of your better schools, are taught by monks who are completely computer illiterate. Get the point? I don't pick my girlfriends based on their websites, why should I pick my monks that way, lol....

Read up on shaolins.com school, in the Shaolin Schools section of this forum, and in the ARCHIVE. There's tons of information in there. It will help you make a decision.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
              X