• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kung Fu in San Francisco Bay Area?

Hello, I am looking for information on a Shaolin Kung Fu training center in
    the San Francisco Bay Area in California. My understanding is that there
    are truly only four in the U.S. Perhaps someone in my region can recommend
    a good Kung Fu center here. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Trace S.

Feel free to respond here or email me at tothetrace@aol.com with the info.

San Francisco? You've got a lot of opportunities up there. Granted, though I think there may be a "hidden" monk up there, you might not find someone who has lived and trained at the Shaolin temple to teach you, but, you'll most definitely be able to find someone who knows northern (and / or southern) style Chinese gong fu. Remember, that the gong fu that is commonly taught in mainland China, is very similar, and has ties to, what is taught in Shaolin.

However, beware the common "We teach Shaolin" misconceptions that you find at many, many martial arts schools across the US. Everyone and their grandmother seems to be a "Shaolin master" these days. People have even gone as far as claiming that they've been to Shaolin Temple to take a "master's" exam. The lengths that people go these days is just humorous. And pitiful. Research well before you believe anybody's bull****.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

Previously entered content was automatically saved. Restore or Discard.
    Auto-Saved
    x
    Insert: Thumbnail Small Medium Large Fullsize Remove  
    x
    or Allowed Filetypes: jpg, jpeg, png, gif, webp
    x
    x
    Working...
    X