Shi Yan Lei

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shi Yan Lei

Just thought I'd let you all know about this website for one of the other monks here in London.

http://www.shifuyanlei.com

Got some good interviews with him and Shi Yanzi.

Check it out.

Ross

I relly like the layout of the page, super nice.

How come they write this on the page..
    "This is the first branch in Europe of the Songshan Shaolin Temple."

Shaolin is represented in Sweden through Shi Yong Ting, and his Student Andreas Beskow (shi yan seng), and also shi xing xue from the wushu guan is teaching in Gothenburg, I think there is shaolin represented in Austria and gremany aswell, but I have only red about that on the internet, so please confirm if true

Comment

I think this was the first "official" branch in europe, i.e. sanctioned by the Abbot. To my knowledge Shi Yanzi also helped set up the school in Germany as well, after he had set up the London one.

Ross

Comment

Nice site... How many students does he have now?
        practice wu de

Comment

Hey Ross, I've been out of what's going down in the temple lately, help a brother out..

Is Yanlei still part of the temple as normal? Has he his own website now for the hell of it, or is he planning to start up his own thing?

Nice site anyway..

Cheers..

Comment

Lipster, where you been? Got stolen along with your last car?

lol
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Don't even start about my car. If it's not getting stolen, it's falling to pieces. I've had to hotwire my own car for the past few weeks since some twat who shall remain nameless lost my key. And it takes ages to get a new one.

Just lots of new studying and all sortsa **** been keeping me busy lately. Should clear up a little soon...

But I'm watching..

Comment

Was this "twat who shall remain nameless" cute, and worth it?

lol
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Hey Lipster,
                  My attendance at the Temple has been sporadic at best lately, but to my knowledge I think Shi Yan Lei still teaches there and has just taken over the classes at Brixton more officially, or at least thats what I hope. Hopefully I will be able to go more and I'll let you know if I find out anything different. I would assume this new web site is part of the plan to increase awareness of the Shaolin temple/culture in Europe, but I can't say for sure.

Ross

Comment

I see, thanks Ross.

Unfortunately, no to both of those Doc. Dammit. My luck always runs dry.

Comment

Hi, from another student at Shaolin Temple UK & new here on Russbo....

The whole "This is the first branch in Europe of the Songshan Shaolin Temple" thing, probably means exactly what it says... I think it was the first European Shaolin Temple. Yes, there are others... but they can't all be the first, can they

Yan Lei is still around, still teaching the occasional class at STUK. I think his main responsibility is the classes in Brixton, so we don't see him around all that often at the Temple any more. He seems to have some kind of self-publicity agenda happening at the moment, since he just released a new DVD (anyone seen it? Is it worth buying?) and it talks on his site about a line of T-shirts or something (go figure...). I think he might have ben doing more Muay Thai recently, he showed up to teach a class not long ago wearing Thai boxing shorts.

What I wanna know is what's happened to Shi Yan Xiang (I *think* that's his name, I might be wrong.... the little, really stocky bald one. Some people call him 'the bull'). I haven't seen him around in quite some time. And who's the young one who's teaching Foundation class these days? He's fairly new to STUK, isn't he? Nice guy though.

Incidentally, Doc, what's with the lack of info on the site about STUK, or any of the international temples for that matter? I think it'd be a useful addition to have some more stuff about the international temples, the monks there, etc etc. I'm sure we can all submit plenty of info.

Comment

Feel free to submit information, I'd be more than happy to put it on the site. That offer has always been open to all monk related temples, where ever they may be.

I have no time to travel to all these places. And besides, I doubt I'd be welcome at all of them....

russbo.com

Comment

now why would you say something like that? that's the kind of nonsense I was talking about earlier
                          "Hasta la vista gray davis you're being totally recalled" - The Governor of California

Comment

Well, let's talk about it. Can you see Guolin and Yanzi welcoming me with open arms, lol? The abbot is not exactly a buddy of mine. Though, if you consider the scowl that he routinely gives me when we meet, a sign of love and affection, then, I might be wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

OH MY GOODNESS! Have you seen that man's legs?! That man has so much friggin muscle is bones are gone!

This guy is a powerhouse....it makes me want to train until I die, and it makes me proud we share the same name, hahaha.
                              Attached Files
                              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                              X