Andreas Beskow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andreas Beskow

what about Andreas Beskow ? how many years did he train in China wi yong ting, what is happening to him... ?
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Originally posted by shaolin_disciple_fei_hung
    what about Andreas Beskow ? how many years did he train in China wi yong ting, what is happening to him... ?
    I dont know the exact years in my head that he stayed in china, so i'll wait telling you till I have checked with him tomorrow, I think that is best. He is now running a Shaolin school in Sweden since a year and a half, His shifu from Shaolin Si Shi Yong Ting, is also here in Sweden helping out with the training.
    Even though the school is very young it has done verry vell in competitions and won quite many medals, even though competition is not the goal of our training.

We have a web site but it's still under construction and only in Swedish

Comment

And you doc, you dont know?
      call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Don't know. Never heard of him. Which, you have to remember, means nothing

(And he's probably far more respectable because I don't know him, lol).
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

The really cool thing with Andreas isn't that he has trained in Shaolin and become a disciple under a Shaolin monk, even doc has been there right . The cool thing is that he is one of the few (3 ?) foreigners that has actually been accepted as a real Shaolin monk in the temple (approx. 10 years ago).

Comment

Originally posted by Nilthgrim
            The cool thing is that he is one of the few (3 ?) foreigners that has actually been accepted as a real Shaolin monk in the temple (approx. 10 years ago).
            Its 7 and it spans a period of 28 years.

Uwe

Comment

I didnt think any foreigners could be accepted?
              How the hell did they manage that?

Comment

Well Yong Xin doesn't recognize any foriegners as "monks."

Thats per an interview in the last Shaolin special that kungfu tai chi magazine did.
                practice wu de

Comment

So, he went there 7 years ago became shi yong tong disciple, but how many years did he stayed?

And for the monk'sthing, he had to ake all the vow and all this? he cannot be married ansd all these struff? is it the same for Shi yang mong disciple (the one teaching in Austria).

Oh uwe, you said they were 7 wich was accepted to entered in the shaolin temple...I think my master is one of them

Comment

Also, how did he manage to go in the temple? yong xin was allready the abbot?

Comment

I think he lived there for 3,5 years, then Shi Yong Ting sent him to teach others.

Uwe, those 7 persons, does that number include foreign chinese-speaking-asians with non chinese citizenships?

Comment

Originally posted by Nilthgrim
                        I think he lived there for 3,5 years, then Shi Yong Ting sent him to teach others.

Uwe, those 7 persons, does that number include foreign chinese-speaking-asians with non chinese citizenships?

To the best of my knowledge, the answer is No.

Uwe

Comment

possible

Do you know if it is still possible to do what Andreas did? or would yong xin dont permit it?

If it is that we just have to wait for his death or simply a change of abbot

In a documentary made on him, he (andreas) say that he was help by a none to enter the temple, would it still be possible to enter the temple if we also have good relation to help us...

what do u think of all these things Uwe (also others )
                          Last edited by shaolin_disciple_fei_hung; 11-13-2003, 10:22 PM.

Comment

There is a big difference between being a monk and being a deciple, decipleship can be of many levels... but who knows... I'm not trying to be a naysayer, but entering the temple doesn't mean he became a monk.... even if he "lived" there....

Read some about some others who've made the jouney...

I'm not saying any of these people are his calibre, etc...
                            practice wu de

Comment

I someone take the vows and commitments of a Buddhist monk, get accepted by the monastery and by the monks living there and finally by a master how could you not count him as a monk?

Note that Andreas had been practising kung fu for a long time and was still young when he got accepted.

I really don’t feel like the right person answering your questions, maybe if our website gets more advanced you can read all about it in English, maybe not.

Comment

Working...
                              X