Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lester's teacher is back

Boston

I don't know where he ever came up with the name, but it does fit I guess. Anyon around Boston who wants to learn your more brutal police type techniques should check it out. I don't know if I 've ever told you this story before

My teacher Paul Rosado's experience includes being a security gaurd in a maximum security prison. He was a boxer for a while as well. He is by far the toughest guy I've ever met. He has some fascinating stories, mostly involving beating people up and assholes ripping off his stuff. But he's super mellow and a family man. His teacher was in his 60's/ 70's when he taught him. It's a style called chuan kuo shu. He (pauls teacher ) learned it in the chinese army.

Our class was usually ten minutes of warm-up, often holding barbells out perpendicular. It looked like most any kung fu or karate class warm up I guess. Then we did hand drills. The bulk of the class was spent on applications. Most of them went something like this:

1. sidestep w punch
    2. punch w other hand
    3. pull back while doing sort of soccer style kick to kick out legs.
    4. simple chin na

We did a bunch of variations of that. On Sunday they did a san shou class, while I opted to learn hung gar at this other place. Anyway it's a good class and better if you have an idea of what you want to learn. Some of the guys are artsy kung fu type guys and some of them are more jock-ish. There was one girl when I was there. I know this sucks I wish I culd edit it!!
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

he's fighting in the big san da fights in NYC on January 24th, the one put together by the lama guy lmdfc r whatever. two of his students are fighting too. they will all win. Paul's style is sort of like Mike tyson. Learning from him has srt f pushed me into alot of internal stuff, because I know I could never match his speed and power. Like if your band practiced in the same buiding as Slayer like "dude let's be progressive folk band or something"
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Working...
    X