Shaolin Temple Taguo School Books

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shaolin Temple Taguo School Books

My question to anyone who may know, is how much traditional Shaolin is documented in books or on paper and where are they kept? I understand a great deal was lost during the first Shaolin Temple blaze and the cultural revolution. I have been eyeballing, for some time now, the 5 volume set of the traditonal Shaolin Kung Fu book set that is featured in Wing Lam. It says it is from the Taguo School and features 54 "traditional" forms but I am just not sure if I want to spend a hundred dollars yet. I understand you can only learn so much out of a book, but I was thinking about getting it for mainly for reference. Does anyone own the set and what do you think about it? Is it accurate and would you recommend it?
    http://americanshaolinkungfu.org/3.html

You can get that set of books in the docstore as well. I've heard it is a good reference.
    practice wu de

Comment

We have the Tagou bookis in stock. I have one, and have read it entirely in the past. It is a good resource for traditional Shaolin gong fu, but, don't expect to be able to learn from it directly. If you don't know the forms already, you won't learn it from the book. It's hard to follow because of the translation, and because of the pictures (they're hand drawn).

I'd recommend it to people to use as a resource, not as a vehicle of learning.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

Working...
      X