Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hapkido and Taekwondo

Hey all,

I live in korea and have studied and attained a black belt in Taekwondo. Recently I started Hapkido, but the dream for me is hop over the water and study Gong Fu in an intensive environment.

I was just wondering if anyone out there has experience in Hapkido or Taekwondo, and can give me some pointers on what areas I might focus on to benefit me more when i eventually get over to China (probably 8 months from now)

thanks,
    Eoin

hmmmmm

well the only thing i could say that im sure you have heared amnytime before is keep good leg stength stay flexible in both in hap i think you need good back strngth and shoulder im blury on it but ummm ya just keep good leg strenght and youll be fine

Comment

There are some good gong fu teachers in Korea as well.... Hard to find though I think.
      practice wu de

Comment

gong fu Korea

Hi,
        thanks for the responses so far. I have looked for gong fu teachers in Korea, only found one which was an australian guy teaching it. he had studied in Taiwan for a year and had several other made-up references.

If anyone can tell me of an authentic teacher/do-jang/temple in Korea, that would be even better as I already have the visa, money etc.

Unfortunately, I'm not very self-motivated, so I think I would need to be in an "immersive" environment to get the best out of me. Having home comforts so close; internet, girlfriend etc might just make it too easy for me to give up after a week. On the other hand, they might give me the support I need to keep going. And at least I could continue my Hapkido at the same time.

Thanks again, please keep the info coming

Eoin

Comment

Korea master

In Korea, near seoul life now my Gong Fu master, he did give up to teach student.
          He has so much i know 9. dan in Gong Fu and 9 dan in Taekwondo.
          He was one of the Korean tigers trainer (this is not sure)
          The man hiden all his past, all i know is just a parts of his life.
          He disapointet back to korea and swhorn never more to teach Gong Fu and Martial arts.
          He gived to his students before he go promiss that he wish teach us further if we self come to korea.

I dont this is easy to study he, and i have address..
          Usualy he take not normal students, only someone who so much wish, that his own life not more important.

He accept not the Belts from many federations, usually he accept only hard work.
          As is first time comed to he, i sayd that i have no any belt. (at this time i haved alraidy 6th dan and i feel later very good that i did not say it because the level of the belts are very different. Everythink is possible when have so kind of teacher, but... from more than 100-200 students maybe only 3-4 students all what he becomed, all anower cant halton the hard trainees)

So much about it... think you realy wish? or just for fan...
          If only for Fun so i wish not west my time in further speaking
          Last edited by jikaiuei; 03-17-2004, 03:58 AM.

Comment

korean teacher

hey, thanks for the information.

Please send on any contact information that you have on this teacher, I would be very interested in meeting him.

I am very serious about my training, but to be honest have become bored with Taekwondo, as it can be automated and limiting. I think i need something fresh to help me to get motivated again.

Thanks again,
            Eoin

Comment

Working...
            X