application in tao

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• application in tao

every one practicing a Chinese style: do you learn application to tao when you learn tao?...
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

to the one that allready go at de shan, xing hao, yan ming, li peng, yan zi, yan lei, heng ling, ... 's school, do you learn them?
    this question would be more for doc: in Henan school such as tagou, de cheng's school, the wu shu guan, yan zhang's school, ... do they teach them?
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

A lot of dao apps are a little more obvious than some open hand techs...

That being said, I doubt they teach too much in the apps in the dao forms.... but there has to be some.
      practice wu de

Comment

I don't and never have trained at a shaolin school, but when I received formal instruction in dao and jian it was all movement drills, followed by applications of those movement drills, followed by repeatedly practicing the applied drills (and a few drills that were nothing short of fixed stepped pushhands with wooden swords), followed by more applications, and then at the very very end, a short basic dao form.

Frankly I think that style of teaching more suited my anyhow than going right to forms. Gave a good foundation of basic techniques and introduced us to the concept of "feeling" your opponents sword as if it were pushhands. But then again this was taijiquan not shaolin gongfu.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Working...
        X