Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

OK, so maybe you are all wondering why...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OK, so maybe you are all wondering why...

... Fa Hui is back. But most of you don't know that I disrobed about two weeks ago. I thought that it was a little inappropriate to keep Brother Dharma Action, especially since I'm not a monk (for now). Anyways, i thought it would be nice to bring Fa Hui back and hang out with all of you again.

In any case, I'll be around.
    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Welcome back...

Whats changed?
    practice wu de

Comment

lots of things have changed here. The website has definitly changed, and the forum is also different. There are also a lot more people here (in the forum). Most of whom, I'm sure, have no idea who the heck I am. Which really doesnt matter so much.
      "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

Comment

They will learn. They will learn...
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
        russbo.com

Comment

hmm, who are you? (just want to learn lol)
          martial way is mine, death one is yours
          call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Who am I?

It's a long story. You'll find part of that story in the contributers section of this website. Of course, it is in desperate need of an update. Also I helped to get Doc many of the sutras you can find on this site. Doc has requested of me to start giving him more stuff to build up the Buddhist Library here.

Perhaps I should write the story of my life as a monk. That might be interesting but I don't have the time at the moment.

In due time though.

Due time.

Comment

in xhich oart of the contributor section? what's your name?
              martial way is mine, death one is yours
              call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Why don't you try Fa Hui....
                practice wu de

Comment

Fa Hui,

I would be glad if you could spend time to write about your experience in Plum Village. I’ve read a few of Thich Nhat Hanh’s books and so it’s of a great interest for me to get to know more about your life there and Thich Nhat Hanh himself.

Cheye
                  Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

I would love to start writing about it. I've been thinking about it more and more. Perhaps I could write it for a book itself... guess I'll need a publisher. Anyone knew a good publisher?

Comment

Write it first, look for a publisher second. Unless you need the money right away. In which case you're better off waiting tables than trying to get your manuscript published.
                      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

after poking around this sight i decided you were best qualified to ask young monk.

after you strip away all the bulls**t what is the point of buddhism? no god in heaven no after life of any kind . I surely don't beleive I'm coming back. no one to pray to no reward at the end. I ask because iam looking for the point to something anything i seem not to find one anywhere anymore.

Comment

The cessation of suffering...

Comment

pure unadulterated freedom.

Do you think we deserve a reward at the end?

I can imagine the conversation, "Well, I see Fa Hui that after all the tallying of your good and bad deeds that you are entitled to some sort of reward," said God.

"Okay," I replied.

"You can enter heaven and here's fifty bucks." I start to walk away. "By the way," God lowers his voice, "the 'church' is around the corner."

hahaha

I don't think it works like that though. Try to look at things as just combination of conditions; it won't be easy though. Someone suckered us into believing that we are actually something substantial. The point of Buddhism is to be focused on what is going on in the here and now and not totally hoping for some reward in the future; because that future will never come. I think someone also suckered us into believing that we'd all get big fat ass reward when we die. Where is this end? Where is this death?

Comment

lol no i don't think i deserve a reward anymore than punishment *always figured i'd end up in hell anyway if i truly believed in all that* so instead of praying i look at my belly button and chant in chinese? and what will that get me? ok i don't have to look at my belly button and i can chant in english but still…… what pure unadulterated freedom does it give me life is suffering and if i chant and climb the stairs and not read the books whats the end result. how does the suffering end? maybe death is the reward the end to suffering.
                              maybe i should of asked not what's the point but what's the way how do you get this cessation of suffering?

Comment

Working...
                              X