Using the future to preserve the past

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Using the future to preserve the past

First, I hope that everybody hade a great new year and that things will be better than before.

I had to take a leave for a while due to some issues but that has all been settled now.

For 2004, you will not hear from me too often for the first few months because I have embarked on an interesting project. I am currently converting all images I have to PNG format (I uploaded the first one under the Shaolin temples for tryout pruposes). If you check it out you will see that the quality is considerably better than in the previous jpg format. You can compare it with the image in the Special edition of the temple I wrote in the book section.

Now for the project itself. I have decided to convert all existing material:

a) into XML in order to being able to publish it into a number of different formats

b) at the same time I am also finishing my book on what I consider the essence of Shaolin.

The book is also being converted into XML

All in all I have 40 GB of Text and another 100 or so of images to convert.

If anybody is interested on more details on how to set it up, because you might experiment yourself with XML, let me know.

Also, during this time, I will drop by only once or twice a week and upload more images, and (if interest is there) give you an idea on where I am at.

Doc, you know where to reach me.

Uwe

Good luck, and keep up the good work.
    practice wu de

Comment

also good luck
      martial way is mine, death one is yours
      call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

Working...
      X