• Show
Clear All

• Shi De Shan Seminar

2004 DESERT DRAGON
    Chinese Martial Arts International
    Invitational Competition
    JANUARY 16, 17, 18, 2004
    Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Expo New Mexico, State Fair Grounds, Creative Arts Bldg.
    Sifu Dug Corpolongo dug@lotusdragon.com 1.800.653.9116
    A Benefit for the (AFCGC)
    Albuquerque Family & Child Guidance Center

one of the seminars available at this event

Laoshir Shi De Shan is a 31st generation disciple and martial monk from the Shaolin Temple, Songshan Mountain, Henan Province, China. His specialties are traditional Shaolin Kung fu, hard qi gong, and san da (shan shou) sparring. He is currently the head of the Songshan Shaolin Temple of American in Houston, Texas.Laoshir Shi De Shan will teach one on the traditional Shaolin forms "Shaolin Shao Hong Quan - form and applications." The second would be "Shaolin Traditional Chang Quan - form and applications." This Chang Quan is the original, old style form - very different from the modern Chang Quan conglomerate now taught as Modern Wushu.
    life is a cumquat (Maxwell Smart)

You going to the ternament? I'll most likely be there.
    practice wu de

Comment

yes, i got shanghied, i mean invited to juge by sifu dug at the dallas compitition.
      which school are you at.

Comment

Shen Chuan Guan.. we're out of Denver. My teacher will teach a seminar or two there too... (push hands and fan) but we aren't on the website.. we didn't talk to Dug in time. I'll be intermediate mens northern, broadsword, straight sword, open weapon, and taiji also (maybe push hands if I have any energy left on Sunday).

What are you judging?
        practice wu de

Comment

Wont know until i get there but but being a rookie ill probbly get what knobody else wants to judge. My background is Northern longfist, southern white crane, yang taiji, and push hands so well probbly bump into each other.

Comment

Cool, see you there (more than likely).
            practice wu de

Comment

thanks again for lunch Dragon Turtle!

Sorry I didn't make the seminar, I was a bit sore. Thanks again too for sitting all day and judging us, you seemed to pick it up quick.

It was nice meeting all you guys and look foward to seeing you all in Texas some time. We'll be at the Kansas City tournie in March too... How far is that for you guys?
              practice wu de

Comment

no prob, nice meeting someone from russbo.

seminars are great if you can practice back home. Your teacher seems more than capable to teach you for many years to come. I took a bagua sem from jose johnson. hope i can practice enough to get more next time.

Thanks for not being too hard on us new judges it takes a while to get in sync with the other judges. The judges i worked with seemed to be right on, though id never met them before or see there formes. guess the rules seem to even every thing out in the loong run.

been to kansas for compitition a couple of times ,very nice city. ck out the fountains. Dont have any definate plans yet for next competition.

Comment

Cool, our sched. includes KC, Dallas for Taiji Legacy, and maybe Berkley.
                  practice wu de

Comment

Working...
                  X