woman shaolin temple

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• woman shaolin temple

one of you know something on the shaolin non (I dont know how we write it, simply monk but woman monk)...
    I saw a picture of someone practicing infront of a door which was said to be a woman shaolin temple, is it a part of the songshan shaolin temple, is it another temple, or is it only a sort of big house with woman practicing gonf fu?
    gene ching wanted to do a report on it but yong xin dont want him to, maybe they want to keep it secret now to leeve it's mystery and use it as a touristic place in years and years in case the songshan temple dont attire tourist anymore...what do you think if this?
    martial way is mine, death one is yours
    call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

I can't remember much of it. It's an old temple just up the hill behind the Shaolin temple. It houses nuns. I used to know more about it, but I can't seem to remember. It might have been started by one of Damo's first woman disciples (his third disciple, or fourth, if I remember correctly, was a woman).

It's a small place. They farm in it and around it. During the construction of the large marble Damo on the top of the mountain, it was used as a facility to actually cut the marble before carrying it up top. Not many woman live there, I've only seen a very few during the times I walked by it and in it.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

they practice the same type of kung fu than the monk from the shaolin temple or a other? just because it is like southern and northern style, maybe simply the fact that they are man and woman, even if they are only separed by one or two kilometer...
      call me last bodyguard of the lohan chuan, call me the one who will bring wu de to occident, call me, the one

Comment

They're separated by a hundred meters. As for the gong fu, I'm sure in the past they practiced the same gong fu as the monks did. But, the few nuns that I've seen there were fairly old. They had enough trouble carrying the pails of vegetables and such. Not sure if they practice any sort of martial arts now. Though, one day up there, I did see a dirt filled hanging bag. Don't know who was using it, but it was up there.
        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

if they are so close, why dont we here more about them? is it a temple which dont allow tourist to enter?

Comment

There's not much there. Not many nuns, not a large place. Kind of hidden up in the mountain, off the beaten trail so to speak.

russbo.com

Comment

I see, must be a good place and a easy life (easy easy, I mean not a city's life)

Comment

Doc, in the Shaolin collection 2 (submitted in June 2003) I have a bit more information on the nunnery.

Uwe

Comment

Working...
                X