Zhang Lipeng and Heng Xin Info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Zhang Lipeng and Heng Xin Info

I am interested in learning any info anyone out there might have on Hen Xin or Lipeng:

1. What is training like with them?
    2. How are their classes run?
    3. Is there any emphasis on application?
    4. Class size?

Amitabha

I never

I never heard it before.Sorry.I can't help you

Comment

I have trained with both of them over a 3 year period so I guess I should feild this one.

1.What is it like training with them?

Hengxin---They do a lot of line drills and group forms. He really goes over the forms slowly againa and again. Making you hold each stance. Pays a lot of attention to detail. Demonstrates the most basic techniques with full speed and power. Class has a militant feel. They train basics, basics, basics. He is an excellent teacher. Since he is a younger generation his style is more wushu influenced. But they train the moves in a traditional way. Meaning everything with full power. Applications are not emphasised and there is no sparring. He has a pretty big class(20-30 students) from what I know. But I haven't been there in a while. He is also in a nice big space.

LiPeng---His classes are a little more motivate yourself. If you have skill/experiance he will teach you his more advanced stuff right away. He makes you run alot at the beginning of class. He isn't very strict. Lets you go at your own pace. Then you do line drills and he makes you practice the forms either on your own or with a group of people on your level. HIs style is from an earlier generation so it is more fluid and snake like with a lot of elbows. He focuses on using full body fajing straight out of taichi. He really infuences his movements with taichi. He is big on that. He will spar with you if he thinks you are good enough. He also teaches applications from the movements. From throws to strikes. He has a very different outlook on kungfu and why?how it is trained. I don't know his current class size because he moved to Jersey. That is why I no longer train with him.

Hope this helps.

Comment

hi guys
        Does anyone know their website?

Comment

Working...
        X