Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's having problems with the video streaming?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who's having problems with the video streaming?

Just curious as to how prevalent the video streaming problems are. I'm here in China, and I can't view any of them, even though I'm on a 100 mbps connection. I need to know, so I can work on a fix for this issue. Please respond here, making sure that you state what country you are in, and, via the poll.

doc
    I can see them very well, both the video and the sound work well.
    36.36%
    I can see them fairly well, though the image and/or sound quality is impaired.
    9.09%
    I can't see them well at all, the image and/or sound quality is greatly impaired.
    9.09%
    I just see the russbo.com preview trailer, I can't see the rest of the video.
    27.27%
    I don't see anything; I either get a 404 server not found error, or, nothing happens
    18.18%
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Which ones don't work?

Please tell me here which ones do not work at all. I will try to fix all of them in the next day or so.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Hi Steve,

None of them worked for me now!! The sound is sometimes ok, but the image is always impair.
      Don’t take life too serious, as you won’t get out of it alive anyway.

Comment

some work, some don't, they all have worked for me in the past though....
        practice wu de

Comment

None of them work for me here in China. I think part of the problem is the fact that the server is doing more and more work, as we've got a lot of files on it, with more and more visitation. And there's tons more to come, so, this is becoming an issue. I've discussed the issue with the gang, and we're gonna get it fixed so it works beautifully, regardless of where you are in the world. Might take a few days though.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

They should all work now....

Yes, I think I did it... Doc would have had a heartattack seeing me editing the video's HTML files on the server, but the videos that stream in Quicktime Plugin should all work now. Just click on the "play" button in the plugin window. I tried to check all of them, but please tell me if you find any that don't work. And Thanks to Rick who started me going with the editing, then went home. Thanks also to a great little HTML editing program for Apple.. TACO.
            I do Okay, Doc?
            Last edited by Steve; 08-19-2003, 08:58 AM.
            I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
            "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
            "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Just thinking of you being on the server is giving me chest pain, lol, as if the monk troubles here aren't enough to wear me down. But, it seems like you did good. You did good. From what I can tell, it's back to the more functional way.

Just a word of advice to those of you on slow internet, or far away, connections. You need to let the video stream into your player before you press play. Again, watch the little bar in the player, it will slowly but surely darken as it moves across the bottom of the screen (the bar where the play position button is located). Once that goes completely across, you are ready to enjoy the video in all its splendid majesty. If you play the video before that bar finishes loading, you will only get as far as the play position button.

Let us know which ones don't work. I can't test them from here, even though I'm on a fast Chinese connection, the streaming to this part of the world takes some time.

Nice job Steve.

russbo.com

Comment

Those videos are very nice. They didn't work for me some months ago, but now they work great. I've also gotten myself a better connection as well
                Only maybe the outer space russbo-thing is too long.

Hmm, how many longhaired Steves are there? Are you the same Steve as I met in Hungary last month?

Comment

Never been in Hungary..

Nope .. not me in Hungary. I did try to shorten the spacey thing.. but oh well. And the Longhaired Steves are slowing taking over the world... HA HA HA .

Comment

Little Help Please

Hello Masters of the Site

Just wanted to say the videos are working well on my side. They download pretty quickly even with my slow connection. Thanks

WushuSpear
                    Last edited by WushuSpear; 09-02-2003, 11:57 PM.

Comment

What type of video clips do you all want to see more of?

You're Welcome and Thank You for the good words. Videos have been a group effort of Doc, Rick and I. They been fun to do and a pain in the ass at the same time. Finally figured out how to get Quicktime to do what we wanted.
                      More to come when Doc gets back from this trip to China.
                      What type of video clips do you all want to see more of? Forms, Schools, Monks, China's Landmarks or what?
                      Tell us what you want to see.

Comment

I wanna see some videos of the infamous DOC!

I mean, who is this guy, what does he look like, is he any good, or is this entire site a joke?

(And by good, i mean good at kung fu. Just to clear up any wrong assumptions)

Comment

He's no good (at gong fu, and most other things), AND, this entire site is a joke.

Oh, he looks like the picture on the left. And like dozens more strewn throughout the entire site, which, if you didn't remember, is a joke.

Why are you still hanging around here?

LOL

PS: You won't ever see videos of the infamous one, nor will you see him do those ridiculous gong fu poses (thoughts of one of the recent Black Belt magazine covers comes to mind, lol). This site was never built as a vehicle for self-aggrandizement, as most other martial arts sites seem to be. Besides, I assure you, videos of me would not be worthwhile, lol.

russbo.com

Comment

Doc, that's bs. I know you're good a goodhearted person, therefore your gong fu can't be that bad. I know it's not.

But I agree with you completely. Some brainiacs would see it as a self-promotion and advertising for yourself.

.. but, how about this solution: I put up a site with the videos on. A Doc Fanclub! Totally independant.
                            Do we have any first members out there? Acquaint yourself!

Comment

Forms please, more forms would be great. The more forms the better.

And you know what would be good to see? Good, advanced (monks or disciples or whatever) practitioners sparring. Not the prearranged bullshit you see all the time, but proper sparring. Never found any clips of monk-level gong fu/sanda sparring ANYWHERE, even though they seem to have plenty of tournaments. What's up with that?

Comment

Working...
                              X