Discussion Forum Reputation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Discussion Forum Reputation

"User Reputation in its simplest form is a ranking of your user's benefit to your forum. Its basis comes from the opinions of all of your forum users that choose take part in it.

Users gain and lose reputation based on how their posts are scored by other forum participants. Users with the ability to affect reputation, will either give or take aways points by approving or disapproving with a post's content."

Everyone starts at 10

You get 1 point for every 90 days of being registered.

You get 1 point for every 50 posts that you submit.

For every 10 points of reputation that you have, you get 1 point of reputation altering power.

You must have 50 posts before you can affect another user's reputation.

You must have a reputation of at least 10 before you can affect someone else's reputation.

You can only affect 10 other people's reputation each 24 hours.

You must affect 10 other people's reputation before you can affect an individual's reputation again.

Users that reach a certain reputation level (to be decided) will obtain free training at the Shaolin Institute (Las Vegas), or at Russbo Asia's training center in Thailand (when completed) for a certain period of time (also to be decided). Transportation, food and lodging not included, but subject to further evaluation.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

I've upped the post to reputation points to fifty instead of twenty. You're right, quality should be rewarded instead of quantity. This whole reputation thing is an interesting concept; we'll see how it works out.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

It most certainly will revolutionize how you see the internet. The colors of those squares will show you whether you are going up or down, lol. I think red is down, green is up, and blue is no change. Or something like that....

russbo.com

Comment

I don't know. It happened after I added the different styles. You guys have seen the different styles....

(bottom left)

For your viewing pleasure.

russbo.com

Comment

I've added some more information to your USER CP (user control panels). It shows who you've given reputation points to, and who you have gotten them from.

Not sure what this is going to do in the long run, but, should be interesting as we wallow through this reputation stuff.

russbo.com

Comment

I've altered the posting area a bit. Now, in your threads, if you decide to alter someone's reputation and leave a comment, the comment will be visible on that person's post, with your user name attached. Comments will be visible publicly in all forums, with the exception of the Fugue and Monk Chronicles sections, and, all sections of the File, Video, Audio, Book libraries.

Should be interesting. Let's see how "civil" we all can be.

russbo.com

Comment

I've updated the Forum / Library FAQ so that you can learn more about the Reputation aspect of russbo.com.

Hope that helps.

russbo.com

Comment

The File, Audio, Video and Book Libraries now have public disclosure of reputation comments enabled, as it is in the rest of the Forum / Library.

russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                X