Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

traveling without using a travel agency.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• traveling without using a travel agency.

as in my other post, I am planning a trip to shaolin and wudan. I don't know if I should use a travel agency, trying to be money wise. so I was trying to plan this thing myself and could use the advice. I have looked around at some of the site I find on the internet and takena few notes, such as:
    1)
    flying into bejing, the catching a train(?) to wudang.
    or
    flying into wuhan( I heard its expensive) and catching an express train to Shiyan City, then how would I get to wudang? train, bus, cab?
    or
    Take a train to Wuhan and then transfer to the Wudang Mountain Tourists Train,
    or take the train from Beijing to Xiangfan and then transfer to Wudang

2)Stay at the:
    Xuanwu Hotel is the only 2-star hotel located high up in Mt.Wudang, the Crow's Ridge, which is close to Southern Grotto Temple Complex. this is also the ending point of the concrete road, the rest of the way up wudang is on foot(?).

3) is there a place to stay on the mountain besides that? and how do I find it?
    apparently the wudang trail is 70 K, long roughly 43 miles. how far up is the hotel on that trail, and how far is golden top from the hotel?
    any help or advice is appreciated, as I am 40, I am not getting any younger and wudan is not getting any closer.

I have no idea but traveling without travel agents will be adveture for you and i hope that this will will be amazing for you.
    China

Comment

Do you speak chinese? If not it might be better to have someone help you. I went to china without a guide or agencey, it was difficult to get around as i don't speak much chinese. I was too scared to try a train. lol maybe you are different.

Comment

Forget a travel agent. If you on a budget doing it yourself will probably half your costs.

I would fly to Beijing. From there you wanna get to Zhengzhou. A train or bus is about 5-6 hours. It's a common route so they leave often. The cost is minimal. Depends when you travel but about 250 RMB would cover it. From Zhengzhou to Shan Song (shaolin) will take you an hour by bus. Go back to Zhengzhou to get to Wudang.

There are only 10 types of people in this world.
        Those that understand binary and those that don't.

Comment

i second that.

go, figure it out. that's the fun of it.
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I would fly to Beijing. From there you wanna get to Zhengzhou. A train or bus is about 5-6 hours. It's a common route so they leave often. The cost is minimal. Depends when you travel but about 250 RMB would cover it. From Zhengzhou to Shan Song (shaolin) will take you an hour by bus. Go back to Zhengzhou to get to Wudang.i think that we can not travelling without it.

ncr books
            Last edited by wapda; 08-14-2012, 05:36 AM.

Comment

Most gel blasters drive the gear through an electric device to drive the motor to guide the gel ball from the magazine into the gun and then eject the gel ball through the firing device of the gel blaster. what is the best gel ball gun here?

Comment

Working...
              X