No announcement yet.

jadakiss, "why" lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK, someone said hip - hop lifestyle....

Which lifestyle would this be?

Inner-city?

Poverty?

Drug Dealing?

Pimping?

Whippin' phat rides?

or is it..

Graphin' (legally when possible)?
    DJin' (turntablisim)
    MCin'
    and B-boyin'

just a question...

practice wu de

Comment

I believe that was me.

Well the hip-hop lifestyle that I wrote down meant expressing yourself by living like ****, doing things just to get by, etc, etc.

But what I meant was really the 'thug life', I think what I was trying to do was try not to sound repetitive.

But yeah, people would tell you that the 'thug life' was those things you mentioned in the first part, Stylee. Mainstream thought now thinks these things to be great or glamorous. It's something that disgusts me.

Those lyrics you posted, Asger, have a righteous cause, but express the wrong view for a situation such as that.

Rich blacks or Latinos shouldn't be chatised for being rich in suspicion they "sold out". I would argue that it is those who move to the ghettos that are selling themselves out. If you're going to raise kids in the ghetto when you can live somewhere better, you are shortchanging yourself by sacrificing your kid's future, and thus, the future of the world. If you retain your sense of inner-strength, not only can you pass this awesome gift onto your kids, but you will not be faltered by selfish pride or the corruption of conformity.

Truth is, that is the kind of world we live in, and you can;t go around huddling around in a corner with only your own people clinging on to something that isn't there, you have to get out and fix things. You're not going to get anything done being massed into a ghetto and **** like that, it just makes it easier for "those in power" to spoon feed all your people crap.

These anarchist lyrics have probably swayed thousands of weak minded individuals to a worthless cause.

--I am speaking of course, on behalf of those who live in America.

Anyways, I can't seem to formulate my thoughts clearly, if you may have noticed, but I gave it a shot.
      Last edited by LeiYunFat; 09-13-2004, 07:59 AM.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Oh yeah, and about ideas being "stolen". You can't go through world history and say who's was whats and what was whos. If you ask me, I would say that Marco Polo stole noodles from the Chinese; and yet, there is something called "spaghetti" if it were a world that the lyrics wanted, it would be called "fahn keh mein". Or hell, probably "Uhuh Boogah" if that's what the cavemen called it. Everyone is linked some way, because there was never a group of people who came out of the ground like Hawaii did. If you're not going to allow anyone to take credit for something as trivial as credit, then you're just as bad as the system you claim to hate.

Comment

Shut up, that's a good song. a thousand times better than any horrible christian rock especially. There shouldn't be rules to what people can right about. I like stuff mostly old Mobb Deep, Capone 'n Noriega, and BLack Moon. and I hate alternative rap and especially white rap.
          "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

well, not many people say they like white rap, but their CD players tell a different story...

Comment

most of them can't even decide whether they want to sound black or white

Comment

Eh....I have given up on most mainstream music. I find jazz and intrumentals much more enjoyable.

Comment

God damn. Haha. Since I'm a pretty huge Hiphophead here, guess I better add my two cents, ha.
                  a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

THe best album ever is Big L "The Big Picture" the one they put together after he died

Comment

Real Hip-hop...

First, just wanna say what's up to all y'all, haven't posted in a while, ha. Anyway, I like what Shaolinstylee said about hip-hop. He actually KNOWS the main elements of hip-hop! Damn, I'm glad for that, I wasn't sure if there were any other raw-headz here.
                      Hey Asger, I'm glad you heard of Immortal Technique already. Looks like his buzz is getting pretty big now. Some of his songs on Vol. 2 are especially close to him, like "Cause of Death", since he lost a close, personal friend in the towers.

And yes, Hip-hop in the mainstream is pretty disgusting for the most part today, I've already posted about this before. Fortunately there are real dope ass MC's and DJ's out there still, just harder to find since they don't have 24/7 marketing. It does kinda piss me off when someone ignorant says, "hip-hop is about escalades or bling-bling, or mansions." That's a ****in' joke. The VAST MAJORITY of artists in mainstream hip-hop are being pimped/raped by the A&R's or execs. Those fancy cars on TV are mostly rentals. And the jewelry is usually property of the label, NOT the artist. Sleazy piece of **** labels that don't give a flying **** about the music. Pretty much. Hip-hop still lives though. B-boys are still out there, graff (bombing) is still alive, as well as beatboxing, and DJaying (DJ Premier and DJ-JS1 are dope as hell.) Matter of fact, just last July there was a HUGE B-Boy, freestyle battling, and DJ battle Event in Long Beach, CA. 2 straight days of raw hip-hop. Slick Rick, DJ Jazzy Jeff, Wildchild, MURS, Big Daddy Kane, Styelements Crew, to name a few, were gonna be there. I didn't go, but only 'cause I was flat broke. I love hip-hop though. It's a beautiful culture that has united people of ALL races, Black, Latino, White, Asian. To me, hip-hop is a way of life. It's helped me understand and respect other cultures; In the immortal words of KRS-ONE, "...don't be fooled; rap is something you do, HIP-HOP is something you LIVE." Damn right. (Meat then goes out to the street and starts trying to breakdance, but gets quickly maced in the eyes by a scared old couple )

Ha, anyway, for asger and/or anyone else interested, here are some dope hip-hop tracks. E-mail me anytime if you want me to send them to you.

Brother Ali - Room with a View (from Rhymesayers Crew, very dope MC. He's albino too, haha.)
                      K-OS - B-Boy Stance (check out his new album, Joyful Rebellion, out today. His older LP, EXIT, is good too.)
                      Technique - Caught in a Hustle (this is Immortal Technique's latest released track.)
                      2pac - Dear Mamma (Classic. You probably already have this one, heh heh.)
                      Crayz Walz - '86 (Dope track from Ravipops. Check out his new EP, Black Samurai.)
                      Royce 5'9" - Hip Hop. (Very nice track produced by DJ Premier.)
                      Saigon - Kiss the Babies (Check out his compilation, Warning Shots, also has 2 mixtapes from Kayslay, and has his debut LP coming out soon, "Dear Black America".)
                      Sly Boogy
                      and Saigon - Ridiculous (this track simply kicks ass. Sly Boogy and Saigon make a damn good combo. )
                      Common - I used to love H.E.R. (Another classic.)
                      a true gongfu system must have the four major aspects of combat to be complete, "striking", "Kicking", Chin'na (joint-locking), and Shuai-Jiao (Wrestling)... in addition it must combine the internal with the external...

Comment

meattosser@yahoo.com in case y'all were wondering, hahaha...

Comment

I walk up in the club with an L in my hand, bitches know that I'm a freak like the elephant man...
                          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

"I've got a dog with a solid gold bone"-Special Ed

Comment

'cause if you go platinum, it's got nuthin' to do with luck, it just means a million people are stupid as ****!

stuck in the underground, a general, that rose to the limit, without distribution managers a deal or a gimmick, Revolutionary Vol. 2, murder the critics and leave your ****in' body rotten for the roaches and crickets....

Comment

Working...
                              X