We have lost the Iraq war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lester1/2jr
    It's fine to be willing to wage war on terrorists or dictators. There's prbably a hunded guys who could do that as president. Bush sr (gulf war) and Clinton (kosovo) did it with a hell of a lot more success.
    I dont know, lester, im gonna have to disagree with you on that one. Clinton NEVER had the situation where a few thousand people died in the US, and was put in the position to make a decision regarding retribution. Bush, well, you see where that "success" went.

Also, where are these hundreds of people waiting in line to fight terrorism and dictatorship? i believe that was an arbitrary statement.

Spain tucked its tail as soon as they were hit at home- pulled their troops and ran for the hills. Since the OSLO accords, i have yet to find a greater reward to terrorism. France and Germany gave up before this even started. Really, tho, why should they care? they know its necessary to fight this threat, but then they also know that since it is necessary, the US will do it for them. That way, they benefit from the war on terror, and yes, MANY PEOPLE HAVE BENEFITTED FROM THIS ONE SINGLE WAR, and they also get to criticize the Bush administration to gain popularity, both at home and abroad. especially in the Arab world. And who wants to get on these guys' good side? the left, of course, with their appeasing asshole candidate, John Kerry- who i guess is one of these hundred presidents you have lined up that would fight terrorism. by doing what? getting deeper in bed with them than Bush is? screw that.

As long as these assholes can sit there in the UN and lick each others' taints in an orgy of pseudo-frendliness, they are fine because the US is getting the ass end of all of it.

If only the best country in the world is willing to stand up to this threat (which it isn't- Israel, the best in the middle-east, is right with it and has been fighting this war before Bush was sucking his mom's tits) that should tell you something about the quality of the other countries, and the integrity of their leadership.

since the begining of all this the whole problem has been just that- everyone wants to talk the talk, but literally just a few people will walk the walk.

Comment

Dogchow, that post owned ass all oer the place. Needless to say, I agree.
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

well, i do own a few asses...i didnt realize they got free...

Comment

mortal, just because i can spend 8 hours a day online while i'm supposed to be working doesn't mean everyone can.

Comment

lolo

But I have a cushy job and much more free time.

Comment

It's one thing to hate the UN, that's fine. I don't think it's their fault that Bush screwed up Iraq. Chirac was in the army in Algeria, I don't think he was looking to be an occupying moving target twice in his lifetime. My guess is Russia and germany looked at powells presentation at the UN, the one he has totally distanced himself from since, and weren't buying it. As it turns out, they were right. It was absolutely the lowest point in a distinguished career, largely because of the garbage they told him to say. yeah, all the experts and millions and millions of people protesting were wrong. all the generals who told bush he would need more troops were wrong and pointing out hey were right is monday morning quarterbacking. looting was unavoidable. It would have been impossible to put a tank in front of a hospital. The surplus would have vanished under Al Gore too and the deficit would be just as big no matter who was president. Who could possibly have seen we would be short on flu shots??? besides everybody who warned Bush. There's no way in the world any of the bad **** that has happened could have been avoided because Bush is

1) highly intelligent
              2) known for considering different viewpoints before coming to a decision
              3) has a lifetime of political, business, and military experience from which to draw
              4) someone peopl around the world like, admire, and respect

all signs of a GREAT president
              "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

is he an exmonk

Comment

France and RUSSIA look at the evidence and said it didnt make sense???? the exact opposite is true of Russia. and France, they backed us until the very last minute.

as far as Powell, i agree, and i feel bad that he has left the Bush Administratio, but its probably better for him career wize, not because Bushs policies are necessarily bad, but necessarily because they are unpopular.

as for the last part of the post, you've lost me...

Comment

Working...
                  X