We have lost the Iraq war

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We have lost the Iraq war

The point of the Iraq war was to prevent Saddam from giving weapons, aid, whatever to terrorists.

The looting went on for several days. We already know live HIV and Black Fever were taken from the Iraqi version of the CDC. We also know that nuclear material was stripped over a period of months from another site and that the explosives used to explode nuclear material (which is apparently even harder to get than nuclear material itself) was taken from the site that has been in the news recently. Anything Saddam could possibly have done (which I don't believe he wuld have, as any weapon he would give to terrorists could also be used against him) has been done by us.

So it doesn't matter if there were WMD's or ties to terror. Assuming there were, we still lose
    "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

I don't think we lost or won. If we won, what did we gain? And if we failed, what we lose? Besides over a 1000 lives and hundreds of billions of dollars.
    It's at a point now that it just does not matter any more. Gas and Oil costs way too much. Terrorists are still attacking. Attacks in the USA may have prevented so far, but what's next or being planned?
    Last edited by Steve; 10-31-2004, 12:59 AM.
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Tell us what we don't get?
      I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
      "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
      "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
      "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

We did win the war and we won it quick. I don't have to try to convince you.
        We lost five times as many troops in one battle during the civil war.
        Imagine if the liberal media was around back then.
        Sadamm is out of power and that is it. You lefty's just can't stand that George Bush is kicking ass.
        How come I never hear about what a success afganistan was? Because you guys would hate Bush no matter what he does. All I could say is thank God the loony left isn't running the country.

GO BUSH!!!!!!!

4 more years!

4 more years!

4 more years!

Comment

a lot of hardcore conservatives are convinced that no matter who gets elected, the looney left is running the country.

i guess that's a good sign that maybe mortal isn't so much of a hardcore conservative. or maybe it's a sign that bush is. hmm...

Comment

mortal- that would have been a good point about a year and a half ago. But then again., I wouldn't have been saying we lost the war a year and a half ago. BUsh has kicked no ass. Osama is making videos laughing at us. His henchman are growing in number and running us ou of iraq along with it's people who now hate us.

Comment

"BUsh has kicked no ass. Osama is making videos laughing at us. His henchman are growing in number and running us ou of iraq along with it's people who now hate us."

I don't think so. No one kicks us out. We are mounting a MAJOR OFFENSIVE as we speak.

"Osama is making videos laughing at us."

He is trying to look confident and affect the election. Because he is in a cave unable to plan any new attacks.
              Not one since that day in the US.

"I wouldn't have been saying we lost the war a year and a half ago."

We didn't lose it we won it. I think that is clear. I think you might be watching too much CNN.

How do you know about the growing henchman? lolo What lefty website told you that.

Do you know the people in Iraq personally? How do you know they hate us? Did you go there and take a survey?

The fighters/terrorists/insurgents are from other countries. Mainly Iran. Don't confuse them with the Iraq people. I hope we give every last one of them a painful slow death.

All I know is if I were a terrorist I would want Kerry in office.

Other leaders laugh at Kerry, Clinton, Carter. They fear Bush.

"I would rather be feared then loved"- Sonny from A Bronx Tale.

Especially in this day and age.

What did Clinton do about terrorism? Nothing. Zero. Nill.

Comment

yes there have been tons of surveys saying that the iraqis no longerview us as liberators but as occupiers. Have YOU don a survey of the nationalities of the insurgency??? What kind of cave does bin laden live in that he can't plan anything from it?? Is it a plan retardent cave?? You think they fear bush?? so how come there are attacks on our soldiers every single day many of them succesfull? and yes, al queda is growing, like the palestinian conflict the iraq situation is being used as a recruiting tool. The war has stregthened al queda in numbers and more litereally in all the ungaurded **** they lootd and are using against us. Even goddamn MTV had a bunch of iraqis on the other day talking about how they can't leave their houses for fear of being shot. Somewher near 100,000 have been killed and probably more whne you and Bush do you MAJOR OFFENSIVE as we speak.

Comment

"What kind of cave does bin laden live in that he can't plan anything from it?? Is it a plan retardent cave??"

I'll say it again. Nothing has happened since september 11th on US soil. You can't dispute it.

He can plan all he wants. Bush is stopping him from putting his plan into action by keeping him running.

What was there recruiting tool before Bush got in office?

I can't wait for Bush to win the election. Then we can move on to our total world domintation!

Killem all!

Comment

their recruiting tool before Bush was elected was largely the long inresolved conflict between Israel and the Palestinian people. There hasn't been and terrorist attacks? ther eisn't SUPPOSED to be any terrorist attacks! (/11 wouldn't have happened either if Bush had listened to his advisors. Is Bush out checking the cargo that goes on our planes? is he and his dumb daughters guarding the borders? NO ONE IS. mexicans come into the country by the truckload and weed comes in by similar amounts from canada and other places.

As far as BIn Laden, al queda has done dozens of terrorist acts in the last 4 years. Has Bin Laden had any input? I'd guess as much as he ever did, plus him making videos and letting everyone know he hasn't been caught is prescnece enough. There are little kids in formerly US friendly countries like Indonesia walking around in Osama shirts. World domination? if you "world" is Poland and Israel maybe

Comment

i find it troubling that neither candidate is even suggesting that we send more troops, when i think it should be obvious that that's what we need. i mean really, we have the world's strongest military. we have the skill, technology and numbers to secure a place like iraq, if we have the balls to commit what it takes to do that. but even the candidate who is basically campaigning on having balls, doesn't.

kerry's big alternative plan is just bush's plan framed in words that make it sound appealing to lefties, but bush's plan (and therefore kerry's plan) is just a whole lot o' nuthin.

bush talks about being resolute and determined and a natural born leader and all that bull****, but he's too stubborn to admit that he misjudged and that we need to send more troops (not to mention, too afraid to provoke the wrath of swing voters before the election approaches, whatever rhetoric he feeds us about "doing what has to be done regardless of public opinion"). and kerry is too busy pandering to god-knows-who to do anything about anything.

and then there's the fact that we want to respect iraq's newfound (and premature) sovereignty, which means that whether or not we send more troops there is basically gonna be up to them. we can send money but our hands are tied as far as the troops that really need to be there. so sorry iraq, you're screwed. hopefully you can pull yourselves out of this mess and pull down our gas prices while you're at it. welcome to the free world.
                      Last edited by zachsan; 11-01-2004, 08:51 PM.

Comment

so what do we do when it comes to iraq? vote for bush, hoping that he has a secret plan to commit more troops that he won't unveil until after election day, and also hoping that he doesn't get all gung-ho again and overextend our troops to some other part of the world? or screw it and vote for kerry, because there's less of a chance of him screwing something else up in some other part of the world?

i'm not really this bitter in person, honest.

Comment

maybe this will help make up your mind. who knows

Comment

well for all my bilateral cynicism i've pretty much made up my mind already, i'm voting for kerry. what it basically comes down to for me is this: bush wants me to think that i know what i'm getting when i vote for him, but i don't. i know about his record with tax cuts and iraq. what i don't know is what the natural extension of that will be with another 4 years in office. did he start what he set out to start, and now he just wants to see it through? if that were the case, and i knew that, i would be inclined to vote for him. but for all i know, bush is sitting behind his desk in the oval office cooking up even more, uh, exciting things for the next 4 years, and that is not a pleasant thought in my mind.

kerry, on the other hand, is so terrified of our opinions (of everyone's opinions, for that matter) that his 4 years in office will basically be 4 years of damage control. which is a very comforting thought to me. i say, give him those 4 years and then boo him off the stage, hopefully next term's crop of candidates will be more inspiring.

anyway, none of this matters, because bush is going to lose. the washington redskins lost their last home game before the election, and every time that's happened in the past 18 presidential elections (that's since 1932), the incumbent president has lost the race. so voting at this point is just a formality, really.

oh, and i live in pennsylvania, so my vote probably is going to mean a lot more than yours. suckers!

Comment

As you listed in you're numbers 100,000 died in iraq. We lost 1,100.

Looks to me like we won that war. lol

Who would you rather have in the white house if you were a terrorist?

I look forward to your left wing liberal responses.

lester1/2jr
                              Not to sound like a punk. I know I'm no Harvard grad but, your grammar sucks. Do you know you are supposed to capitalize the first word of a new sentence? If so how lazy could you be not to?

Comment

Working...
                              X