Arafat: The loss of the world's greatest terrorist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arafat: The loss of the world's greatest terrorist

Any thoughts on Arafat's impending death? Surprised no one found this sudden demise "interesting"...
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

October 23:

Earlier this week, on Monday, October 18, a medical team from Egypt and Palestinian doctors from Jerusalem and Nablus gave the 75-year old Palestinian leader a thorough check-up after he complained of severe pains. They decided provisionally that he was suffering from stones on the gall bladder that needed to be surgically removed and an acute intestinal infection, which is the more serious ailment because of its recurrence within a short period despite medication. For a definitive diagnosis, they want him X-rayed under hospital conditions which are lacking in Ramallah.

Even in extreme pain, Arafat keeps his eye on the main chance. He and his close aides have grasped that ill health offers him an opportunity to break out of the siege Israel clamped down on his Ramallah quarters after the failed Karin-A weapons smuggling episode in January 200.

The deterioration in Arafat’s health has caught Sharon unawares....

November 5:

PARIS - Yasser Arafat is in a coma and is "between life and death," though he is not brain dead, his spokeswoman said Friday. Doctors still had no diagnosis, but anxious Palestinian officials were already looking for ways to prevent unrest if their 75-year-old leader dies.

Leila Shahid, the Palestinian envoy to France, strongly denied French and Israeli media reports that Arafat was being kept alive on life support amid conflicting reports over his condition after a sharp decline a day earlier.

"I can assure you that there is no brain death," Shahid told French RTL radio. "He is in a coma. We don't know the type, but it's a reversible coma. ... Today we can say that, given his condition and age, he is at a critical point between life and death."

Shahid suggested the coma occurred after he was put under anesthesia to have additional medical tests, including an endoscopy, colonoscopy and a biopsy of the spinal cord....
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

I hope he is in a great deal of pain.

See you in hell

Comment

Doc, I'm seldom surprised or intrigued by the impending transition of an angry old man.
        Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I find it all very intriguing, from a medical standpoint. Mossad strikes again?

Politically, it should be very helpful towards peace in the Middle East. There should be many changes in the near future.

russbo.com

Comment

i think it's great. he deserves to die, but killing him would make him a martyr. so instead he just goes peacefully on his way. it's just a shame that his organization will now have plenty of time and warning to make arrangements for a successor.

Comment

forgive me if i'm a bit behind the times, but is anyone even pretending that a future palestinian state would be a democratic one?

Comment

give him all the medical care he needs. hahaha. The best was when they caught saddam "I want to negotiate" hahaha fake ass thug
                "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

Actually, I was referring more to Arafat's medical condition, when I started this thread. I found the progression of his illness quite bizarre. But, I'm jet lagged to hell, so more later once the head starts thinking clearly again.

russbo.com

Comment

The only thing I got was conflicting reports... coma, brain dead, dead, etc.. then they just said he was dead. The footage they showed of his funeral and burrial and stuff was nuts..
                    practice wu de

Comment

Yes sir, DC. The quotes on clairity and resolve are pretty...well, pretty persuasive in terms of the UN sucking, which it does.
                      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Well, I'm more interested in the medical aspects of his illness. I found it all a bit bizarre.

First, in Ramallah, his doctors state that he's got gallstone disease. A diagnosis made with radiological evidence apparently, as they also state that they don't have access to proper x ray facilities. OK, fine. Right upper quadrant pain after a meal can signify gallstone disease. And, Arafat took ill after a meal.

Wonder where his taste tester was....

Then, we see a picture of Arafat walking to a helicopter. There are also photos of him sitting and smiling before his departure to France. Not exactly the picture of ill health. People that have serious gallstone disease, with obstruction and infection, are generally not happy walking about campers. But, there are variations.

Upon arrival to France, he undergoes colonoscopy, gastroscopy, and no doubt blood work tests. They would have been horribly remiss if they didn't also investigate the gallstone issue, especially since mention was made of it in Palestine. So, it's safe to assume they ruled out gallstone disease and ascending cholangitis. His endoscopies were clean, as were the rest of his tests, tests which also no doubt included a chest x ray.

Next, we hear he is in a coma. (The Palestinians claim he is fine. Idiocy at it's best.)

The differential diagnosis for coma is quite extensive. But, in a man his age, one thinks of sepsis, from either pneumonia, urinary tract infection, ascending cholangitis (gall bladder) or some other intra abdominal source. Sepsis accompanied by changes in blood counts, fever, and other signs, depending upon the source. Chest x rays can diagnose pneumonia, urinalysis can identify infection, (along with blood counts), and physical exam and endoscopy with other x ray tests can identify intra abdominal sources of infection. Apparently, this was not the issue.

A spinal "biopsy", which I infer to be a spinal tap to obtain cerebrospinal fluid, was performed. Again, they were looking for blood or signs of infection. Nothing was found.

In a situation where someone presents with right upper quadrant pain after a meal, which rapidly progresses to coma, cause unidentifiable, the only thing I can think of is a toxin. They ruled out everything else.

Mossad strikes again?

russbo.com

Comment

Well, doc, that leaves me with a tough choice:

Be happy Arafat just died, or be proud that the Mossad finally waxed him.

Comment

speaking of yassir arafat check out this beer I just bought

23% alcohol by volume. ten dollars a bottle!
                            "I'm like Tupac: Who can stop me?"

Comment

or, maybe all of this is a hoax. maybe arafat suddenly had a change of heart and wanted out, but knew he would irreparably damage the morale of the palestinian cause (or get whacked) if he did so. so he feigned his own death.

but all joking aside, it was probably aliens.

Comment

Working...
                              X