Paris Hilton's Sidekick got hacked!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Paris Hilton's Sidekick got hacked!!

So Paris Hilton's Sidekick got hacked. I had all the info on this the other day, but since other websites that had all of her celebrity friend's phone numbers listed, have been contacted by the Secret Service, they no longer post that info anymore, neither will I. But I think it is pretty funny how someone got into her T-Mobile account on the web. Here is how....

How Paris Got Hacked?
    by Brian McWilliams
    02/22/2005
    Paris Hilton's Chihuahua couldn't protect her Hollywood home from a burglary last summer. So why was Hilton counting on her dog to protect her T-Mobile account from intruders?
    Despite repeated attacks on her T-Mobile email and telephone records in recent months, the actress and heiress has persisted in using the little dog's name to secure her password at the T-Mobile site.
    Like many online service providers, T-Mobile.com requires users to answer a "secret question" if they forget their passwords. For Hilton's account, the secret question was "What is your favorite pet's name?" By correctly providing the answer, any internet user could change Hilton's password and freely access her account.
    Hilton makes no secret of her affection for her Chihuahua. Last August, Hilton offered a reward of $5,000 when her beloved pet disappeared after the house she shared with sister Nicole was burglarized.
    An anonymous source provided O'Reilly Network with a screen grab, proving he was able to access the contents of Hilton's T-Mobile inbox as of Tuesday morning. Another image confirmed that Hilton's "secret answer" was her dog's name.
    Upon being notified Tuesday, T-Mobile corrected the potential security vulnerability in Hilton's account.
    Last weekend, Hilton's T-Mobile online account was accessed by intruders calling themselves "The Niggas at DFNCTSC." The trespassers posted the contents of her address book, notes, and photo folder on the internet.
    In January, Hilton reportedly suspected that a "hacker" had access to her email account and was reading messages there.
    It's unclear how those intruders gained access to Hilton's account. A T-Mobile spokesperson said the company is "actively investigating" the situation.
    Weak passwords are cited as one of the top twenty internet security vulnerabilities by the SANS Institute.
    Account information belonging to Hilton and other T-Mobile users has been circulating in the computer underground since at least late March of 2004. A California man named Nicholas Jacobsen has admitted to hacking into T-Mobile's servers and accessing records on at least 400 customers. (Last week, security professionals openly speculated about how Jacobsen gained access to the wireless provider's internal systems.)
    According to court papers, Jacobsen, who used the online alias Ethics, offered to sell the stolen information on an online message board on March 15, 2004. Jacobsen also apparently provided excerpts of the data to friends and colleagues.
    A log file of a March 2004 instant-message conversation apparently between Ethics and an associate includes a section containing Hilton's T-Mobile phone number, password, social security number, and other confidential information.
    Password hint systems like the one used by T-Mobile are common on the internet. Online service providers including the MSN Hotmail service have encountered security breaches involving attackers correctly answering "secret questions" and then locking victims out of their accounts.
    T-Mobile representatives said Hilton uses a Sidekick II, a communication device that offers wireless telephone and internet access as well as a built-in flash camera.

Many of her famous friends have been slammed by thousands of calls, since their phone numbers were posted on other forums for all to see. Even Victoria Gotti is pissed.
    Well, I can't post the numbers, but I can post pictures of her Sidekick II, too cute huh?

You want to be famous, nothing is private anymore.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

lol, gotti said she was getting calls for hours, then she unplugged the phone, to plug it back in a few hours later, for it still to be ringing off the hook
    practice wu de

Comment

Everyone in her address book changed their numbers, and Lil' John went on tv and said, "STOP CALLIN MY CELL PHONE!"

I was gonna call Lindsay Lohan...
      Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

The Paris Drama Continues.....
        More Lesbo Videos?
        I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
        "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
        "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

Comment

Hacked Hilton a Boon for Telco

Hacked Hilton a Boon for Telco

By Holly M. Sanders
          NY Post
          02/28/05 11:22 AM PT

T-Mobile wouldn't be the first company or product to gain widespread exposure through an infamous incident, high-profile crime or compromising situation. The history of marketing shows that such notoriety rarely results in damage to a brand, and more often than not helps.

Now available for small to midsize businesses and departments. The Oracle Database Software Kit provides everything you need to get started with Oracle Database 10g -- including Oracle Database 10g software CDs and a self-study guide CD. Get your FREE Kit from Oracle today.

A socialite's nightmare is a cell phone company's dream.

T-Mobile stores in New York are selling out of Sidekicks (a handheld device that stores information online) despite or, more likely, because of that fact that celebrity phone numbers and naughty pictures were stolen off one belonging to bad-girl heiress Paris Hilton.

"We had an unusually high demand this week," said one Manhattan store employee.

Marketer's Dream
          If it turns out that an X-Rated video of Fred Durst that was posted online Friday also came from a Sidekick (the source is unclear), the company will enjoy the kind of brand recognition you can't buy these days.

The fact that Hilton currently appears as a celebrity endorser in TV commercials for the Sidekick only added to the attention.

Marketing experts say T-Mobile, far from being embarrassed, should spoof the incident.

"If they actually pushed it and did something with Paris not unlike Chicken of the Sea did with Jessica Simpson that could work for them," said David Carlson, co-chief executive of Heavy, a New York-based media company.

Evaluating Strategies
          A T-Mobile spokesman said the Bellevue, Wash.-based company was "continuing to evaluate its marketing strategies."

Meanwhile, T-Mobile continues to run the current Paris Hilton ads.

"Paris has said numerous times that she loves her Sidekick," said T-Mobile's Peter Dobrow. "We believe that she will continue to love her Sidekick."

The decision to do a new, spoof ad may rest with Hilton, who risks further alienating her celebrity friends by cashing in on the hacking. Stars from Lindsay Lohan to Nick Carter were inundated with crank calls after the incident.

T-Mobile wouldn't be the first company or product to gain widespread exposure through an infamous incident, high-profile crime or compromising situation. The history of marketing shows that such notoriety rarely results in damage to a brand, and more often than not helps.

Chicken of the Sea signed pop star Simpson as a spokeswoman after she seemed puzzled as to whether it was tuna or chicken on an episode of her reality show "Newlyweds." FedEx even managed to capitalize on "Jeopardy" champion Ken Jennings' one wrong answer.

No Bad Publicity
          "I don't think there's such a thing as bad publicity unless you have underage kids working in a third-world country," Carlson said. "Anything involving Paris Hilton, even if it's relatively tragic, seems to move the meter."

Hacking seems minor when compared to the O.J. Simpson trial, which helped put Bruno Magli shoes on the map. The company's sales shot up 30 percent after prosecutors claimed Simpson wore the shoes, and Simpson denied it.

Of course, not every dark cloud has a silver lining. Gap, which became linked to former White House intern Monica Lewinsky after she famously stained a blue dress, didn't see a big spike in sales.

"If Monica Lewinsky were more attractive, then that would have been a bonus," said Heavy's Carlson. "If it were Paris in the Gap dress, it would have been good for Gap. Sad but true."

Comment

She's such an embarrassing piece of shit. How does she influence society in such a way?

Sad.
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
            russbo.com

Comment

Just be glad your phone number was not on her list.

Comment

haha, too funny servers her right

Comment

I couldn't have wished on anyone more... um, whats the word I'm looking for, oh, right, pathetic.
                  practice wu de

Comment

I don't know why you all think she is "pathetic or an embarrassing piece of shit", what else would you want in a chick? She's blonde, thin, dumb, has 300 million dollars or so, and swallows.
                    Attached Files
                    Last edited by Steve; 03-03-2005, 07:28 AM.

Comment

ya got a point.
                      practice wu de

Comment

Indeed. A thin, blonde, alien-looking girl. Has anyone seen her cell phone pictures? They are all of her in the same position, looking at the camera from an angle. This is suspicious, because everyone knows aliens can only move in one type of posture.
                        Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Working...
                        X