Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Las Vegas TV News Anchor Polly Gonzalez Dies in Car Accident

Anchor Polly Gonzalez Dies in Car Accident

(Mar. 28) -- Anchor Polly Gonzalez was killed Monday afternoon at about 3:00 p.m. in a single car accident on State Route 127 in California, just north of Baker.

Polly and her two daughters were returning to Las Vegas after spending Easter weekend with family in California. Her daughters, age five and eight received minor injuries.

Polly joined Channel 8 in 1994. She held a number of positions, but most recently co-anchored the noon and 4:30 newscasts.

Polly was the first Latino Anchor in Las Vegas. She was proud of that. She wanted to be a role model for her girls showing them that if they put their mind to it, they could accomplish anything.

She has made an impact on our city and she was a real role model to young women. Polly always made time for activities in the Latin Chamber of Commerce, where she loved to emcee events. Polly was also involved with her church, St. Elizabeth Ann Seton Roman Catholic Church in Summerlin.

While she was a true professional on camera, she was quite a character behind the scenes. She was always on her cell phone. And as involved as she was at the KLAS-TV station, she was equally involved in the community always standing up for people who's voice might not have carried as much weight as hers.

Polly never forgot where she came from. She grew up in San Jose, California and returned often to visit her family, making sure her girls knew their grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins.

And that was Polly's true love -- her two daughters. They were the reason she was on that road Monday. She was taking them to see the wild flowers in Death Valley at the time of the accident.

They were not injured in the accident and Monday night they are with their father.

Polly Gonzalez was a valued and respected employee who loved her children and loved her job as an anchor at Channel 8.
    Attached Files
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.
    "Life can keep providing the rain and I'll keep providing the parade."
    "I would just like to say that after all these years of heavy drinking, bright lights and late nights, I still don't need glasses. I drink right out of the bottle."
    "Whatever guy said that money don't buy you pleasure didn't know where to go shopping"

who cares?

Comment

You must teach the sensativity training around the office.
      practice wu de

Comment

pity pity pity... SHE WAS FIINE TOO!
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

How did you know?! All the warm fuzzy talk gives me away I guess.

Comment

Ya know, I might just have to fly you in for our compassion seminar next month....
            practice wu de

Comment

Working...
            X