new concepts in math?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new concepts in math?

vedic math techniques, some that i have never seen in my life which wouldve made high school soooooo much easier, and alot more math in general more appealing.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2Auiwko1m10"]YouTube - Vedic Math: 9 Point Circle[/ame]

seems superior to the current math system...
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

I somehow sat through the whole video. It seems interesting and I want to see where she's going with this, but I wish we didn't have to hear her blabbering for 7:30 about things like "we've lost sight of [the number nine] in our culture" (huh?) to get to the interesting bits.

Comment

modern medicine techniques, some that i have never seen in my life which wouldve made medical school soooooo much easier, and alot more clinic work in general more appealing.

Z, got a synopsis on that math video? I've been too looking boning up on my physical exam skills.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by doc; 06-22-2008, 06:18 PM. Reason: Couldn't stand the damn music auto playing...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

yes, i can see what you mean now. that would be useful...

advancements in medical science...lol!
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

lol,

i have just become so interested in these ancient texts, they seem to hold many secrets.

other math forms that can be found in vedic literature range from trig, to binary code.

gets me wondering how "primitive" these people really were... and what happened to them...

getting tired of the present day world i guess...
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Well, the humans (Homo Sapiens) of 10,000 years ago had the same brain capacity to learn and create as we do know. It's not surprising to find that many of the older cultures had these "advanced" mathematics.

Which reminds me, I need to work on my Algebra homework.
            "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

perhaps we will find "us" out there in space, if we ever get there, that would be awesome...
              if we , no i should say "they" (world powers) dont blow "us" (victims) up first, in the process of trying to blow up each other.

they have even found underground nuclear facilities of the "ancient" sort.

sorry for all the script crap...

Scientists Discover Six Ancient Zones of Depleted Uranium with Plutonium Products

Here at s8int.com, we smell a rat. Below in an article entitled "Oklo, An Unappreciated Cosmic Phenomenom", "science" has applied several of its tried and true methodologies to "orthodoxize" that which otherwise would be a very strange and startling occurrence.
              Click and drag photo to resize. Script from The Java Script Source
              If you could go back and read the news and scientific articles at the time, you could contrast the shock, dismay and confusion caused by the initial announcement that nuclear material had been mined in the past and that the byproduct plutonium had been created at Oklo, --with the blase way the exlanation for the phenomenon is presented today.
              In 1972, a French analyst named Bougzigues working at the Pierrelatte nuclear fuel processing plant detected a small but significant change in an important ratio between Uranium 235 and Uranium 238. The proper ratio is well known and well established in that field so that the change indicated that something way out of the ordinary was going on.
              The initial suspicion was that someone had included spent fuel in with the recently mined ore. This was quickly ruled out because there was no radiation signature associated with the mystery uranium..
              The mystery uranium was eventually traced back to the Gabon mine at Oklo. You need to understand that what was so incredible was that a nuclear reaction had occurred such that plutonium was created and that the nuclear reaction itself had been “moderated”! This means that once a reaction is initated, if you want to harness the power output in a controlled manner, you had better be able to keep it from exploding and releasing all the energy at once. .
              This particular group of reactors was, incredibly moderated using --water. The first modern nuclear reactors used graphite and cadmium rods to moderate their reactions. .
              At that time, people were speculating about aliens and advanced ancient civilizations. Some months after the discovery rocked the scientific world, someone came up with a somewhat dubious explanation which over time has taken on the patina of absolute certainty. It was a natural reactor which occurred billions of years ago. .
              There are at least six zones of depleted uranium (usually means mined)with plutonium as a by product! You've got to really be trying to manufacture plutonium--its a complicated process.
              Yet,scientists studying these zones have A Prori of course, decided not to consider that man was involved.
              1)They place its occurrence safely "billions" of years ago. 2)They assume that a breeding reaction could occur naturally when no such evidence of that exists and creating a breeder reactor was once a technological holy grail which was diificult to achieve on purpose 3)They theorize that although it must have happened naturally in the distant past, that we need not worry about it occurring now, as conditions differ.4)Nature designed the reactor such that its spent fuel and dangerous byproducts were "contained".
              Scientists use the principal of uniformism to draw conclusions about the future and the past. If they cannot use this "principle", then they can not draw any conclusions because they could not state that the conditions in the universe that exist now, always existed.
              Here though as often happens, they have to assume that the past was vastly different as it related to the possibility of naturally occurring breeder reactions.
              Again, scientists from other countries were skeptical when first hearing of these natural nuclear reactors. Some argued that the missing amounts of U-235 had been displaced over time, not split in nuclear fission reactions. "How," they asked, "could fission reactions happen in nature, when such a high degree of engineering, physics, and acute, detailed attention went into building a nuclear reactor?"
              Perrin and the other French scientists concluded that the only other uranium samples with similar levels of the isotopes found at Oklo could be found in the used nuclear fuel produced by modern reactors. They found that the percentages of many isotopes at Oklo strongly resembled those in the spent fuel generated by nuclear power plants, and, therefore, reasoned that a similar natural process had occurred.

Another View of the Phenomenon

"Surprisingly, this uranium mine's nuclear reactor was well designed. Studies indicate that this reactor was several miles in length. However, for such a huge nuclear reactor, the thermal impact to its environment was limited to 40 meters on all sides. Even more astonishing is the fact that the radioactive wastes have still not migrated outside the mine site. They are held in place by the surrounding geology.
              Faced with these findings, scientists consider the mine to be a "naturally occurring" nuclear reactor. The Oklo reactor has been documented for its importance as an analogue (a structural derivative of a parent compound) in the disposal of nuclear fuel wastes. But few people are bold enough to go one step further.
              As a matter of fact, many people today know that the reactor is a relic from a prehistoric civilization. It's probable that two billion years ago there was a fairly advanced civilization living at a place now called Oklo.
              This civilization was technologically superior to today's civilization. Compared to this huge "natural" nuclear reactor, our current nuclear reactors are far less impressive. The question is: why did such a highly advanced civilization disappear? That's something to ponder about.
              The textbook of Basic Radioactive Chemistry (C. Claire ed.) used by Tsinghua university has the following paragraph: "The natural uranium in the Oklo mine in Gabon, West Africa, contains an abnormal amount of U235. It is as low as 0.29%, rather than the normal 0.72%. This means that many self-sustained nuclear fission chain reactions took place at this mine about two billion years ago.
              Thirteen nuclear reactors existed in prehistoric periods along the 200-metre mine bed, and they were comparable to the modern nuclear reactor in power and heat combustion. This mine had the capability of enabling self-sustained nuclear chain reactions...." This discovery, that shocked the entire scientific community in 1972, has already been forgotten by people today."..Pure Insight.org

OKLO: AN UNAPPRECIATED COSMIC PHENOMENON

"In 1972, French scientists discovered that several natural concentrations of uranium ore had become critical and flared up some "2 billion" years ago at Oklo, Gabon.
              The concentration and configuration of the natural uranium and surrounding materials at that time had been just right to sustain fission.
              The Oklo Mines. Source: Click and drag photo to resize.
              In fact, the analysis of the nuclear waste in the burned rocks demonstrated that plutonium had also been created. This implies that natural breeder reactors are also possible, raising the possibility of hitherto unappreciated, long-lived heat sources deep in the earth, in the other planets, and inside some of the stars.
              Don't worry that the Oklo phenomenon might occur today on the earth's surface. The concentration of fissionable U-235 has fallen considerably in the last 2 billion years due to its radioactive decay. But, deep inside the earth and other astronomical bodies, nuclear criticality might still be possible due to different pressures, densities, etc.
              In a stimulating and generally overlooked paper in Eos, J.M. Herndon proffers four important natural phenomena that may involve natural fission reactors.
              Geomagnetic reversals. In the deep earth, where pressures and densities are high, natural nuclear reactors may generate intermittent bursts of heat -- just as they did at Oklo -- and thereby cause the earth's dynamo to falter and reverse. Planetary heating. Jupiter, Saturn, and Neptune emit much more energy than they receive from the sun. Natural nuclear reactors could be the reason.
              Stellar thermonuclear ignition. Astronomers assume that the high temperatures required to ignite the thermonuclear reactions powering stars come from gravitational collapse, but this source does not seem adequate to some scientists. Nuclear fission reactors could ignite stars just as they do H-bombs.
              Missing matter.
              Natural nuclear reactors are finicky. There may be many star-sized, non-luminous objects out there that were never ignited and that we cannot see through our telescopes.
              Science Frontiers Online
              Evidence at Mohenjo-Daro

When excavations of Harappa and Mohenjo-Daro reached the street level, they discovered skeletons scattered about the cities, many holding hands and sprawling in the streets as if some instant, horrible doom had taken place. People were just lying, unburied, in the streets of the city.
              And these skeletons are thousands of years old, even by traditional archaeological standards. What could cause such a thing? Why did the bodies not decay or get eaten by wild animals? Furthermore, there is no apparent cause of a physically violent death.
              Click and drag photo to resize. Script from The Java Script Source
              These skeletons are among the most radioactive ever found, on par with those at Hiroshima and Nagasaki. At one site, Soviet scholars found a skeleton which had a radioactive level 50 times greater than normal.
              Other cities have been found in northern India that show indications of explosions of great magnitude. One such city, found between the Ganges and the mountains of Rajmahal, seems to have been subjected to intense heat. Huge masses of walls and foundations of the ancient city are fused together, literally vitrified! And since there is no indication of a volcanic eruption at Mohenjo-Daro or at the other cities, the intense heat to melt clay vessels can only be explained by an atomic blast or some other unknown weapon.The cities were wiped out entirely.
              While the skeletons have been carbon-dated to 2500 BC, we must keep in mind that carbon-dating involves measuring the amount of radiation left. When atomic explosions are involved, that makes then seem much younger.

Giant Unexplained Crater Near Bombay

[SIZE=small]
              Another curious sign of an ancient nuclear war in India is a giant crater near Bombay. The nearly circular 2,154-metre-diameter Lonar crater, located 400 kilometres northeast of Bombay and aged at less than 50,000 years old, could be related to nuclear warfare of antiquity.
              No trace of any meteoric material, etc., has been found at the site or in the vicinity, and this is the world's only known "impact" crater in basalt. Indications of great shock (from a pressure exceeding 600,000 atmospheres) and intense, abrupt heat (indicated by basalt glass spherules) can be ascertained from the site. David Hatcher Childress in Nexus Magazine
              "The crater is formed in the basalt rock of thickness 600-700m (2,000 to 2,200 feet). This rock is made of many layers or flows which were laid why volcanic activity at various times, five of such flows are exposed at the crater rim. Thickness of these flows ranges from 5 to 30m.
              The crater is about 150m (500 feet)deep and has average diameter of 1830m (1.4 miles). The elevated rim consists of 25m of bedrock and 5m of ejecta over it. This ejecta blanket is spread over about 1350m (4,400 feet) away from the crater rim and slopes away by 2-6°. The uppermost region of ejecta contains the deposits that were melted due to the impact"....http://www.iiap.res.in/outreach/lonar.html
              “Lonar is a place of obscurities, especially as the only meteoric crater formed in basaltic terrain. It has remained relatively intact due to low degree of erosion by environmental agents, making it an excellent model for study. However, several strange things happen here:
              1. The lake has two distinct regions that never mix - an outer neutral (pH7) and an inner alkaline (pH11) each with its own flora and fauna. You can actually do a litmus paper test here and check this for yourself.
              2. There is a perennial stream feeding the lake with water but there seems to be no apparent outlet for the lake’s water. And it is also a big unsolved mystery where the water for the perennial stream comes from, in a relatively dry region like Buldhana. Even in the driest months of May and June, the stream is perpetually flowing. Lonar generates questions and more questions”. Lilyn Kamath

A Nuclear Catastrophe in Paleoindian Times?

Introduction. We introduce here a remarkable theory of terrestrial catastrophism that seems to be supported by evidence that is equally remarkable. One of the authors of this theory (RBF) is identified as a nuclear scientist at the Lawrence Berkeley Nuclear Laboratory.
              The second author (WT) is a consultant. The authors' credentials seem so good that we must take a close look at their extraordinary claims concerning a natural phenomenon that they believe reset radiocarbon clocks in north-central North America and---potentially---elsewhere on the planet.
              We will be most interested in the reception accorded these claims by the scientific community.
              The claims.

In the authors' words: Our research indicates that the entire Great Lakes region (and beyond) was subjected to particle bombardment and a catastrophic nuclear irradiation that produced secondary thermal neutrons from cosmic ray interactions.
              The neutrons produced unusually large quantities of ^239 Pu and substantially altered the natural uranium abundances (^235 U/^238 U) in artifacts and in other exposed materials including cherts, sediments, and the entire landscape.
              These neutrons necessarily transmuted residual nitrogen (^ N) in the dated charcoals to radiocarbon, thus explaining anomalous dates.
              Some North American dates may in consequence be as much as 10,000 years too young. So, we are not dealing with a trivial phenomenon!
              Supporting evidence.

Four main categories of supporting evidence are claimed and presented in varying degrees of detail.
              #Anomalously young radiocarbon dates in north-central North America. Example: the Gainey site in Michigan. [Other map sites include Thedford & Zander, Ont.; Potts, NY; Shoop, Penn.; Alton, Ind.; Taylor, Il.; Butler & Leavitt, Mich.; and far to the north Grant Lake, Nunavut; and in the far southwest Baker, N.M. - TWC]
              #Physical evidence of particle bombardment.
              Example: chert artifacts with high densities of particle-entrance wounds.
              #Anomalous uranium and plutonium abundance ratios in the affected area.
              #Tree-ring and marine sediment data.
              The authors claim that the burst of radiation from a nearby supernova, circa 12,500 years ago, not only reset radiocarbon clocks but also heated the planet's atmosphere, melted ice sheets, and led to biological extinctions.
              If verified, the claimed phenomenon would also "reset" archeological models of the settlement of North and South America. To illustrate, we may have to add as many as 10,000 years to site dates in much of North America!
              (Firestone, Richard B., and Topping, William; "Terrestrial Evidence of a Nuclear Catastrophe in Paleoindian Times,"
              *The Mammoth Trumpet*, 16:9, March 2001. Cr. C. Davant III. This off-mainstream journal is published by the Center for the Study of the First Americans, 355 Weniger Hall, Oregon State University, Corvallis, OR 97331-6510.)
              Comment. Thus we add another potential cause of an often-hypothesized 12,500-BP catastrophe that is said to have changed the world's history. Competing theories involve asteroid impact, volcanism, a Venusian side-swipe, etc.

Last edited by master splinter; 06-23-2008, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Working...
              X