Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shooting Back: Israeli occupation filmed by 100 Palestinian cameras

Shooting Back: Israeli occupation filmed by 100 Palestinian cameras

In a graphic and hard-hitting film, Peter Beaumont speaks to Palestinians filming abuse from settlers and Israeli armed forces as part of a remarkable project called Shooting Back
    thought this might be of some interest to some of you.

[ame="http://tw.youtube.com/watch?v=6-Z_QnbCTjM"]YouTube - "Shooting Back"[/ame]
    ZhongwenMovies.com

I dont want to throw the stone to anyone. It just makes me tired and mad.

From a buddhist perspective, by the way i m neither buddhist nor non buddhist, it is quite alarming to see that after thousands of years of history, there is still so much violence, hatred and suffering. We go from one life to another with many karmic debts and lack of love.

It seems very few people take at heart to develop compassion for every sentient being, including animals and very few people will listen to them. Spending ninety minutes at a soccer match is more popular than reading political philosophy or meditating in order to develop compassion and understanding of emptiness.

I think one reason is that people dont discriminate between believes and knowledge and will not doubt that they are non violent wise. Including when they eat these eggs from caged chicken. I just read this book by Thich Nhat Hanh about anger where he says to eat these eggs is to eat anger. Just a view from a life long meditator...

So doubt and doubt u doubt and eventually read Socrates whose questioning had sent him to death. But in front of ignorance only dialogue and an honest attitude will solve the problem on the long term. What many israelians and palestinians dont seem to be aware. Doc u should go there and talk them about mahayana bodhisattva way of life.

Peace and love

Comment

by the way i m neither buddhist nor non buddhist
      What the hell does that even mean?

By the way I'm not black, but I'm not not black. If you get my drift.

Comment

When it comes to religion, i think westerners apply the modern individualist trend to think subjectively. I decide if i am Muslim, i decide if i am buddhist.

From my point of view whether Mohamed received instructions from god or whether Sakyamuni became a Buddha does not depend on me. It has to be true or not, though the concept of binary truth might be simplistic.

So for me, to be a buddhist or not does not depend on me.

As being ignorant of God or the Buddha i do not chose the belief it is true nor do i choose the belief it is not true.

To be in ignorance and doubt is a good spiritual path.

The 6th patriarch of Chan, Ven Huineng, said that to be ignorant is to be enlightened.

So i try not to take position, so i see myself as neither buddhist nor non buddhist.

Maybe past lifes are true, maybe not. But if i act like they are not true i choose a belief and i pose myself as a great religious sage. For myself i want to acknowledge my ignorance and live according to that, so i dont close the door to the doctrine of karma but i also dont say it is true.

Same goes with vegetarianism i dont hold it as the truth. Though i do see clearly animals running away from me when i try to catch them. I believe meat eaters do not even doubt being non violent, so it is a form of sectarianism, an unquestioned religious belief.

Read Socrates if u have time

Does that make sense?

Om mani pedme hung

Comment

yet another hijacked thread.....
          ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

OK, back to the thread

Here are some images of israelian army killing children. It seems objective, not beliefs.

So doc u call this defending or attacking?

Om mani pedme hung

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0aEo59c7zU"]YouTube - Gaza: The Killing Zone - Israel/Palestine[/ame]

Comment

The fog of war, the contagion of violence

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xqnpJJC3Z4"]YouTube - vietnam 1972[/ame]

Comment

Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
                Shooting Back: Israeli occupation filmed by 100 Palestinian cameras

thought this might be of some interest to some of you.

YouTube - "Shooting Back"
                You notice how the Israeli owned major news organizations do not talk about this anymore?

I saw this story and a video or two when the project was first announced. Since then, nothing.

Why are Israeli owned newspapers going to print stories or show video that shows the world what Israelis are really like?

Comment

similarly, it seems that same question could apply to the us too. or any country, for that matter.
                  ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

I m sorri to contradict ur paranoia but in France the newspapers regularli tell the killing from both sides, and it is often mentioned than since the 2nd intifada more palestinians were killed than israelians. the public opinion is quite aware of the situation and quite against israel polici

i dont know about US but in France the information seems ok

Comment

Working...
                    X