No announcement yet.

Scientology

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So, now that Tom Cruise, "scientologist at large" (who allegedly paid over 200,000 USD to learn the "science"), is going to star in the new science fiction movie, The War of the Worlds, does his fighting aliens in that go against his "religion"?

I'm losing sleep thinking about this. Please help.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

Comment

No ........If the aliens came from a different planet or have different ultimate collective ambitions, I hear that this is perfectly acceptable combat!!

Originally posted by plumflower_pm
      Maybe I was unclear.
      By "working in recovery", I meant I was a bounty hunter - I found people who'd skipped out on thier court date and returned them safely to the arms of the law. "Recovery" is the "professional" term that's used (you know, the fancy bullshit way to say something to make it sound nice).

I couldn’t care less about the guy’s choices or life path. For all I know his wife was a raving lunatic shrew during their marriage. I only talked with her once.

My issue with him was:

He broke the law by failing to pay child support he agreed to pay in court, and then he compounded the issue by failing to appear in court when summoned.

As for my own ethical comment, I saw how his children lived, they could have used his $400 a month and he easily could have afforded it. His wife had three jobs when I met her.

My issue with Scientology in this matter:

They took $120,0000 of his money and called him friend and family for four years, but when he really needed their support and guidance, they literally threw him out.

The rules here are thatif you want to whinge, rather thn make it habit, you get 1 member to do it with and not ever with anyone else internal or ex. i think that's why Tom Cruise ended up with Ms . NewlyconvertedWhat'sherbabe ( just quietly ) . The kitchen gets hot......and if you want to continue cooking, you needf to know who your chef is! Sometimes you might have to pay for the extra lecture , but that''s life and love in a hard core professional existance........... sad you can't empathise with alternative real world operandi....... naiveity's great, but ion the international business scene, it just don't work real good ............ya know ???

Imo , you're exposing yourself to be a fool , but if you can handle the reality of confronting yourself from this perspective I'm happy to serve you some .

cheers Pm

Blooming Lotus
      Last edited by blooming tianshi lotus; 06-09-2005, 02:39 AM.

Comment

uh... excuse me? You're cryptic on a good day.

you're reading a HUGE amount into a situation you know nothing about.

Whatever doesn't kill me had better be able to run damn fast.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

You're cryptic on a good day.
          ROFLMAO. Classic.
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by plumflower_pm
            uh... excuse me? You're cryptic on a good day.

you're reading a HUGE amount into a situation you know nothing about.

Actually, I have several diplomas / certs and a phd that 'll tell you differently. ........ isn't self confrontation fun!

Lotus

Comment

That's outstanding, Doctor.
              Regardless of whatever insight you may have into seemingly similar situations (say that three times fast), I don't need to see your PhD to tell you you weren't there.

Let's return the thread to its intended topic.

"You are one of the most self-deluded immature idiots I've come across here for a time..." —Blooming T. Lotus

Comment

Well you're welcome.

Duhh I wasn't there though, duhh I don't need to be and duhh I've been hard on you!!! I quite dig what you elude to at times though , so I'm happy to challenge you on it ...... harsh as it is and as little as I like to see you squirm , or as much as I appreciated your innocent head tuck a few posts back.

As far as the original topic, IMO we're still on it and understanding human thought process and logising come respective actions is all it's about !! That and the self ( and external ) - language you use to do it all.

Roll on though and if you have anything to add to take it back to what you believe the thread point , please go ahead.
                I actually phoned a local scientology organisation myself yesterday, intending to turn up for some dianetic theraphy or a chat (or whatever else they 'd like to sell ) to get a better insdide and more closely personal experience about it all ( being genuinely interested in comming to a fair perspective on it) , but unfortunately they 'd been run out of town ( alah chinas falun gong crews ) and were no longer available for comment. I'm definately still on it though, and If I ever find anyone, I'll let you know.

cheers

BTL

Comment

I see you kids are off topic again since I've been away..... Scientology has zero, nothing to do with aliens and that such thing. Come on, you really buy that? I copied a quote that I thought summed it up nicely in regards Scn ethics: I Have read through this book countless times and have found it to be an essential tool for living in this society. The book is absolutely invaluble, and anyone who thinks otherwise is not nuts, they simply haven't looked at the bigger picture. Most people that slam Scientology aren't wrong from thier point of view, but they fail to look at everything there is to look at, which consequently makes them look rather silly and disappoints me in that our society commonly slams what they do not understand. Stop fearing Scientology, it will not bite you !! It may even help you, you decide...

The above really aligns with what I think. Also, Scientology is involved in human rights violations (stopping them), anti-drug and anti-psych abuse of patients and such. It has several literacy campaigns going on in inner city schools in Los Angeles. They are running a drug detox center for the World Trade Center firefighters that Tom Cruise helped to fund.

Dear reader, I would like to know that if you don't like Scientology then either (a) you don't know what the subject is and does (which is the usual, more likely fact) or (b) you don't like it when others help others. Do you help people?

Comment

Totally agree with you for once and if I had any rep left to give you ( bastards!!!! ) , then I would. ...........

I think it's a common thing and probably somewhat human nature for ppl to just spout on bs like it's fact and they have any relative information. I personally make it a habit to not commit myself to an opinion ( without stating that's allit is ) unless I'm absolutely sure and have scientific evidence to support it, but unfortunately not everyone is like that.hence the need for your system's theories.

cheers

Blooming Lotus

Comment

nice post, mourgos. good to see you back.

that quote is so familliar.. was it recent? who said it? I think I may also have read it recently but I can't place where.

Comment

OK, educate me. If Scientology has nothing to do with aliens ( I thought that aliens had something to do with their history, or story, from way, way back when), then why did John Revolta, a well renowned Scientologist, get so much shit for his "representation" of his "religion" in that travesty of a movie, Battlefield Earth. The one which he supposedly "proudly" demonstrated to the world some basic tenets of Scientology?

Some movie, from what I've heard, which, I haven't seen, and no doubt, won't.

russbo.com

Comment

mourgos, i realize you're going to dismiss whatever i say as lies, but i really think you ought to acquaint yourself with your own religion.

if scientology has nothing to do with aliens or xenu, then why is an exploding volcano the symbol of scientology?

perhaps you're not familiar with those aspects yet because they're generally not revealed to the member until he reaches an "advanced" level. (i.e. you've swallowed so much shit that they figure you'll swallow just about anything).

""Writing for a penny a word is ridiculous. If a man really wants to make a million dollars, the best way would be to start his own religion" - l. ron hubbard, reader's digest, may 1980, page 1
                          Last edited by zachsan; 06-17-2005, 03:47 PM.

Comment

there are reports this morning that Tom Cruises new finacee has stopped talkint to family or friends about anything other than than scientology.

Tom convinced her to turn down not one, but two film roles wherein she would portray a drug addict because it "goes against the laws of scientology".

CULT.

Scientologists take advantage of Tsunami victims, passing out literature that labels Buddhism "corrupt".
                            http://www.rickross.com/reference/sc...history55.html

lots of info on that parent site
                            http://www.rickross.com
                            Last edited by plumflower_pm; 06-17-2005, 05:14 PM.

Comment

I would never call you a liar, Zach -- you're just misinformed.

The Reader's Digest quote is not from Hubbard. It's from George Orwell, author of 1984. He was very anti-religion and I believe a communist. Read his Animal Farm. The exploding volcano is for Dianetics which is a science of mind. Dianetics is not Scientology although written by the same guy. You know, even if that science fiction nonsense was true, it does not change the fact that there are formulas and drills one can do to improve their learning rate, efficiency and communication with themselves and others. It's the most workable thing as compared to other things I've tried. That's what's true for me, kiddo.

Comment

I do agree with you that Battlefield Earth was not a good film. Basically because the script did not follow the book! Reminds me of another film, Nightfall by Asimov, where the film had little to do with Isaac's book. Or a more recent example is I Robot, a very different film from the book which is a collection of short stories. I saw BE and I read the novel. If you read the preface, Hubbard clearly says he isn't going to write about his "other" studies. BE is a sarcasm. A better sarcasm is Mission Earth series. Anyway, educate you huh? I already mentioned in an earlier thread about Scn's activities in human rights with CCHR (www.cchr.com) and working with the Tsunami victims, and the WTC disaster. Does that sound like a bunch of Moonies or Jim Jones freaks? Not.

Comment

Working...
                                X