Extreme Martial Arts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme Martial Arts

Mark your calendar ladies and Gentleman.

November 30, 2003 at 9PM Eastern Time, there is a special on Discovery Channel about martial arts. It has some awesome animation showing how power is actually generated.

150 Pounds, 2 % body fat, a kick with the force of a car wreck.

Uwe

Thanks for the heads up....

Too bad I don't have cable at my new place (in the foothills outside the city, they haven't run it up there yet).
    practice wu de

Comment

Extreme Martial Arts

Here is the link to the website. They have some cool video snippets there.

ShaolinStylee, they will probalby have the DVD or VHS available shortly afterwards.

Uwe

PS: Cheyenne, here is something for you to play with Grandmaster Adobe Photo Shop

Comment

I went through the clips.. pretty cool, but it seems like a very "sporty" type thing, but very cool none-the-less.

I think there is plenty of material there for a orange fannypacked doc striking a pose in some silk pjs....
        practice wu de

Comment

Originally posted by shaolinstylee
          I think there is plenty of material there for a orange fannypacked doc striking a pose in some silk pjs....

I agree!

uwe

Comment

forgot about this thread!

just wanted to say i saw this special when it came out, that special sucked..i didnt like the ma in that special, espcially that damn white guy, he was a bitch

amitabha
            "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I agree. XMA is a joke. I got something sent to my school from them. It said they are a mix of gymnastics, martial arts, acrobatics, dance, and performance. That doesn't even sound right. Dance? I've heard of gymnastics and acrobatics mixed with martial arts for performance. But they started dancing now? What is it? Michael Jackson.. kick, spin, moonwalk into a backflip, crotch grab, spin around, double toe stance, crotch grab with a finger jab pointing to the moon, POW!!

Comment

well the lion dance has been a traditional part of chinese gongfu for years. it's not the kind of dance you're thinking, though. but then again, when they say 'dance', they could mean the lion dance.

Comment

think more choreography than MJ bro.
                  practice wu de

Comment

They didn't mean lion dance. I know what that is. They were talking about the forms they do. Not just performances like the lion dance. They were talking about their style of "martial art" created called xma. They said it has dance in it. Now you tell me that's not as gay as MJ....

Comment

whatever, get as good in your "real" martial arts as MJ is at dancing, then talk. I'm not endorsing XMA, but saying that it has an element of "dance" in it, and that is a legit claim. What the hell do you think a lot of people would call regular cma old school forms? Are they not choreograhed?
                      practice wu de

Comment

Shaolinstylee, you shouldn't say get as good in "real" martial arts as MJ is at dancing, then talk. I know my "real" martial arts. I teach it. Those WERE NOT my words saying that XMA is dancing. The people of XMA mailed something to my school about themselves. This is what they were saying to me. I said nothing about them that wasn't said BY THEM. It said "our style is a mixture of martial arts, gymnastics, acrobatics, dancing, and performance." It said exactly that. They didn't mean choreography of traditional or modern martial art forms were dancing. Forms traditional or modern are meant for MARTIAL arts. What they are doing is a mixture of that and dancing. Kind of like a floor excersize of olympic gymnastic teams plus martial art techniques. That's real dancing. Not martial art techniques being called dancing! I wouldn't do that. But it's actual dancing added into martial arts and gymnastics and such. This is what they mailed to my school telling about themselves. So don't try to insult me when you don't know what you're talking about. And also don't know what I have done. "get as good in your 'real' martial arts as MJ then talk". If you like to make orders like that, I will hold a tournament at my school and you may come test my ability. Then maybe you won't be so quick to talk like that. I can tell you are no kind of master. No master would speak with such hatred, rudeness, and ignorance.

A mi tuo Fo
                        -Xing Jian
                        Last edited by xing_jian108; 06-08-2004, 01:06 AM.

Comment

well, I just went to a local tournament here in NY where they had an XMA division. And when they say dance, they mean dance...people -- especially the female competitors -- were stopping in the middle of their routines to DANCE (think hip hop and ballet) and gesture to the audience befor setting up in the corner of the ring for an olympic style gymnastics pass, then landing, throwing A/One/Singular martial arts technique and screaming KIAIIIIII!!!!

I didn't know whether to laugh or cry...
                          Mike Evans
                          Medford, NY

Comment

I thought it was just some kind of marketing sceme at first, but after reading all your posts, I am kinda scared.

And Mike, this is how I would do it:

Laugh and laugh and laugh

Think about it a little

Cry.
                            Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Wait until you see the video I'm going to post soon, LOL. You want to cry?
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X