Reloaded.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Reloaded.

Wow. Just checked this flick and what a job. There is a lot to absorb in this movie and it was packed so I had to sit in the very first row- there is probably a lot of stuff I missed so I will definitely check this again.

That being said, two things impressed me about the Wachowskis- their attention to little idiosyncratic devices and obscure references that I would say maybe 1 out of 10 people watching their work could possibly ever get, but if you are one of those 10, it just elevates the experience.

For me, it was naming one character the Merovingian, and also a sentence Morpheus says which is a quote from Vishnu. I won't say what it was, because it might give away something...

My only complaints about the flick were two scenes where the CGI was just way too obvious, and the gay dance scene should have been left on the cutting room floor.

Otherwise, there were quite a few ridiculous scenes in this flick, and quite a few others that are bordering on ricockulous.
    "Arhat, I am your father..."
    -the Dark Lord Cod

the only

the only thing i dont like about the matrix movies is the massive amounts of wushu and the wachowski bros approach to what CMA is...

but its good for choreographing movies i guess is just a little annoying..espically that scene in the first matrix when you see the screen listing the ma's neo is supposedly uploading..muy thai..judo..then aikido or something like that..then we see some of his kung fu..

it looks ok, but its just a little annoying, the preconceptions just about everyone had after that movie

and..

i like the zen concept of the matrix..they didnt invent the matrix it was a comic book..but they doin an ok job with it i guess...

dont see how arhat could go see bullet proof monk and telephone booth(what the hell?) and miss Anger Management..

i mean, id have to say thats one of the funniest movies ive seen in awhile...and ive got like all the good funny movies..

so see that peeps..cause we all know your gonna see the matrix anyway..
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

c'mon man...

...haven't you ever done anything for a chick? Telephone Booth- I didn't even sneak any beers in. God it sucked. Torture. I made her buy me dinner at my favorite Thai place to make up for it.

I did pass on Anger Management, but only because I was in Jamaica- I probably would have seen it. The new preview for Dumb and Dumberer looks pretty funny- how was Old School? I heard that was pretty funny too.

The one thing you could say about the Matrix was it shifted focus to CMAs...I mean somehow Bruce Lee made karate popular right?

Bulletproof was a pretty shitty flick. Of course she speaks Tibetan- it's such a popular language course. Seeing that stuff makes me want to make a movie...I mean someone dropped some coin to get that made and it's basically garbage, although I did get a running joke out of it...
      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Bulletproof monk, pfeh.

One of our Wanhamite friends must have had a hand in the script - you can't be a Shaolin monk unless you shave your head every day, right?

Comment

saw it

just saw the matrix..pretty good

liked the first one better..

no idea what maelvegian or whatever that guys name was means..

and i did like the fight scenes in this one better

also..i dunno how anyone else felt when they were growing up but..this is basically my first experience with a trilogy that i actually like, and having to wait for that last movie is gonna suck =(

but i guess thats how most people felt when they were growing up with star wars and such..

anyway

matrix..good movie, no better then anger management, id say, just different movies and anger management is just a really funny movie

but its definately a must see

"ok, so youve got some skill...kill him."

hehehe

Comment

Lord of the Rings - easily the best trilogy in movie history...

Comment

Originally posted by Lipster001
              Lord of the Rings - easily the best trilogy in movie history...
              you're bugging.......
              Star wars eats that crap up... just b/c of time made. The books were better too.....
              practice wu de

Comment

Never really went for Star Wars - except for the sabres - still haven't worked out the big fuss about it...

Crap? Sorry, gotta hold true - it's the only movie that's ever done a book justice...

Comment

Merovingian...

...was the family name of a line of Frankish kings who are credited with starting to lift Europe out of the Dark Ages, they converted their lands to Christianity...and sometimes some weird shit like descent from Jesus (the Holy Grail referring not to a cup per se but to Mary who fled to Europe bearing Jesus' seed) and other esoteric stuff. I'm surprised they didn't give the matrix guy red hair.

Star Wars. George dropped the ball in a BIG way. I mean, Ewoks? I'll say it again. Ewoks. And then there is Jar Jar.

"Empire" was such pure genius too...
                  -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

Hey Arhat,

This Morpheus quote of Vishnu, where did it come from? Was it the bhagavad gita, or one of the vedas pehaps?
                    Sorry I just saw the movie and i've been drinking a bit.

Keanu turned an unsurprisingly half-assed performance.

The guy who played the seraph was pretty damn good.

There was some real good acting in between the noise, but it didnt come from keanu.
                    Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

I'll try and look it up...

....I remember it from a statuary comment in the Power of Myth by Campbell....
                      -the Dark Lord Cod

Comment

btw

btw..something i wanted to comment on that i remembered at work

bruce lee didnt instigate the mass amounts of karate schools that are found around the world today..

he helped martial arts ingeneral but karate..judo..please

all that stuff came after ww II and korea

its not like a couple thousand karate schools just came out of nowhere after enter the dragon came out

they were already there and very popular

mr lee just made martial arts a trend

and he introduced the west to "kung fu"

as i see it

all the wachowski brothers are doing is making it worse for martial artists to the general public..but i mean im not saying they should stop making movies or i dont like them or whatever..im just saying looking at the movie in that way..like oh the kung fu is so good or the fighting is so good..bla bla its not good...its fake and fighting isnt that way

that wushu stuff isnt exactly fighting material..i mean ask the master himself jet li, probably the best wushu practitioner on earth flat out said when he was working cradle to the grave..he thought any of the ufc/pride fighters could lay him out, he knows..but the rest of the world doesnt..and really doesnt care ..thats my whole point its just these sterotypes that suck..

but whatever..i dont really care what anyone else thinks anyway..matrix movies are good movies

and lotr..well they are ok..i never read the books..only the hobbit so its not so crazy for me to watch the movies..i like them they are good and stuff but they arent that good..they are just movies to me

and i forgot..actually i do like the godfather movies they are good..except three, besides that its a good trilogy..i guess hehe

and tremors..whoo cant count them out right...

hahahaha

Comment

I fell asleep......from what I remember, it is definitely a middle movie out of a trilogy. The fighting sucked in some parts, was ok in others, and was cool as hell in one or two scenes. I'd give it a 7 overall I guess, I'm looking foward to renting it, but thats about it.....
                          practice wu de

Comment

I'm seeing it tomorrow...

Anybody played the Matrix video game? It's written&directed by the wachowskis, with a storyline parallel to Reloaded. Apparently they think of it as like the "fourth movie". Apparently if you haven't seen the film and played the game, you don't know the whole matrix story.

Oh yeah, wasn't Jet Li supposed to be in the Matrix movies originally? What happened to that?
                            "Be Cool" - Lao Tzu

Comment

I heard that the video game was a definite "not worth it". At least that's what my brother says, and he's usually into things like that. I'm not bothering with it. Besides, Planetside just came out.
                              Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                              russbo.com

Comment

Working...
                              X