Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you know about the Yin Yang Symbol?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by doc View Post
    Yes, and how did he get the thread onto gay mustaches when we have been talking about the Yin Yang symbol?
    We? Who is this we Doc? The only one talking about kung fu in this entire forums is me. Here is you "talking about the Yin Yang symbol" from your posts in this thread.

-----------------------

Maybe no one wants to talk to you?

Quite honestly Happeh, your question about the yin yang symbol is a good one. Though I have read many things about the origins of yin and yang, I know absolutely nothing about the symbol. I think most of the rest of us probably feel the same way. It's kind of like a traffic light; it's something that you've seen for your whole life, but you have no god damn idea as to why some guy designed it that way a hundred years ago.

OK, off to HELL Happeh. There was nothing in my post to warrant this response. Have a good time.

Z, another clue to his psychological makeup. I was almost getting him figured out when he went just a little too far, again.

We can't help him if we don't understand him.

There's another member here, who we watched "evolve" over the years. He's turned out to be a remarkable individual.

"You" was used as a general term, not meant to specify one particular person.

Do you actually believe that? It's a great theory, however, maybe a little more complicated than what the average Chinese in the Shaolin area could understand.

I'm having trouble understanding it...

Yea, I figured that out. (Not that you need to stop eating speed on Tuesdays..)

What I didn't understand, is how some Chinese from thousands of years ago, figured out to make a circular time line like this. Seems like a pretty advanced way of thinking, especially for a people in villages, whom I find now, to be very uneducated and kind of regimental in their thought processes.

The rest of that web site is interesting though, especially the horoscope part about my favorite politician, Barack Hussein. Love that stuff...

Maybe he likes fondling his own breasts.

I can bring it back.

With Fa's permission of course.

Personally, I thought it was hysterical also. But, personal attacks really should not be tolerated.

On second thought, after looking at it again, it truly was ****ing hysterical.
    -----------------------

You have made 13 posts in this thread, and your contribution to the topic of "What does the Yin Yang Symbol mean" is basically "I don't know" from your second post in the thread.

No wonder no one here knows much kung fu. You can't even stay focused on topic. In 6 pages, I coulda explained the entire Yin Yang symbol to thinking people asking pertinent questions.

I am curious. In your medical classes at college, did the instructor tell you one fact, then you and the rest of the class talked about the weather, lunch, sex, the news, or whatever for 30 minutes, then the instructor told you one more fact?

Or did you sit there and shut up while the instructor shoveled facts into your head? When you were confused, did you ask your instructor for clarification of the material he was teaching you, or did you make statements about his psychological makeup?

If you behaved like a student in medical school, you were polite to the instructor, you listened, you asked questions when you were confused, why have you changed your method of learning now? What was it that made you change from a student with good learning habits, to someone that makes flippant comments like the mental retard who always sat at the back of the room throwing spitballs at the teacher?

And forget about the timeline stuff Zach posted. It is bullshit that someone convinced themselves was true, or it is a story meant to divert people from the true meaning of the Yin Yang symbol.

The secret of the Yin Yang symbol takes about 1 hour to tell you, and when you see it, you will feel like the stupidest person on earth that you couldn't figure it out and someone had to tell you.

Comment

The history behind the yin yang stuff is fairly well known and easy to understand.

The background behind the symbol is another story, and yes Happeh, I don't know it.

That's why I haven't posted about it.

Enlighten us.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

The history behind the yin yang stuff is fairly well known and easy to understand.

The background behind the symbol is another story, and yes Happeh, I don't know it.

That's why I haven't posted about it.

Enlighten us.
        Doc? I have a harsh attitude at times. If you knew the sequence of attacks I have endured on the internet from anonymous haters, disbelieving people, or government operatives, you would understand why I have a tendency to be harsh. My harshness is probably not excusable, but I think you would understand why I am this way.

I admire your demonstrated ability to look the other way when someone shows you harshness. Most people would be drawn into the harshness instead of ignoring it and continuing with the conversation.
        -------------------

I am having very little faith in the intelligence of my fellow human beings these days. Because of that, instead of writing a tract of text for a college student to peruse and comment on, I find myself writing one sentence, and praying that there is one person who has the ability to understand one complete sentence.

With that lead in, let's begin with a one sentence start up of the meaning of the Yin Yang symbol.
        -------------------

"The Yin Yang symbol represents you. The Yin Yang symbol is a representation of the human body".

Anyone feel free to post any comment you have about the above statement. Anything that comes to mind. Just say something, something intelligent, to get the conversation going.
        -----------------

This conversation could be started in a million different ways. The statement above is one way to start the conversation that is in my head right now.

(I have to say that to stave off the people who will insist I should have started the conversation with some other statement.)

Comment

The yin yang symbol represents balance.

And one of the greatest examples of balance that can be found in nature, is how the human body functions. From an anatomical, physiological, biochemical, neural and metabolic point of view.

But not necessarily a psychological one....
          Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Ummm government operatives? I doubt highly the government gives a crap about what you have to say about yin - yang symbol or the size of chinese girls boobies...
            The essential point in science it not a complicated mathematical formalism or a ritualized experimentation. Rather the heart of science is a kind of shrewd honesty the springs from really wanting to know what the hell is going on!

Comment

LOL.

You never know man. The FBI was all over this site years ago when I was doing the visa application process for Decheng and Xingwei.

Another story. Another time.

russbo.com

Comment

The yin yang symbol represents balance.

And one of the greatest examples of balance that can be found in nature, is how the human body functions. From an anatomical, physiological, biochemical, neural and metabolic point of view.

But not necessarily a psychological one....
                I feel that is a philsophical kind of generalized answer.

What if I say "The Yin Yang symbol represents the human body or aspects of the human body in a concrete and detailed way. That way has nothing to do with anything microscopic. No genes, no chemicals, no neurons, no metabolites.".

This is gonna be like pulling teeth instead of having fun guessing at something, isn't it? ;(

I think the problem is all mine. I am looking for a certain type of fun loving person who enjoys learning in a relaxed way. A person who is not concerned with the judgements of others, or concerned with judging others in the course of learning.

I have met very few of those people, but for some silly reason, I think because my subconscious keeps seeing "Shaolin" here, I keep thinking I will find what I am looking for here.

Comment

If someone paid attention to the stuff I write, they could figure out most of it on their own. I say the same thing all the time.

I was looking for something to post here to help with this discussion. I discovered there are already three pictures here on the board that point towards what I am getting at.

Comment

Originally posted by mbokohutu View Post
                    I just hope you don't punch with your fists like that because you could seriously hurt your thumbs, if not dislocate them.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

In reference to the picture posted above this post, you still get a yin and yang symbolism if your thumbs are in the "still-intact-after-impact" position.

I have to admit though that I am intrigued by the idea of how the yin yang fits into the body's postures. Good eye. However obvious it might seem now, no one else has posted the idea here yet.

Comment

They look like swirls of dogshit.

Oh, sorry. Got to let Mickey out again...

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by Fa Hui View Post
                          I just hope you don't punch with your fists like that because you could seriously hurt your thumbs, if not dislocate them.
                          Ur funny.

You really have no idea what is going on there, do you?

If you care to reply, how long have you been practicing kung fu, and what styles of kung fu have you practiced?

If you feel the question is objectionable, you don't have to reply.
                          Last edited by mbokohutu; 09-29-2008, 02:29 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108 View Post
                            In reference to the picture posted above this post, you still get a yin and yang symbolism if your thumbs are in the "still-intact-after-impact" position.

I have to admit though that I am intrigued by the idea of how the yin yang fits into the body's postures. Good eye. However obvious it might seem now, no one else has posted the idea here yet.
                            What I am writing has never, to my knowledge, been written down by any human being anywhere in the english speaking world. Maybe nowhere else, but I don't speak or read other languages, so I don't know for sure.

I appreciate your comment. You are in the presence of information that would literally cause a major transformation in white western society, and completely transform the field of conventional medicine.

Now if I could only find someone who was polite, curious, intelligent, and able to ask interesting questions, I could spill my guts about all of it.

As it is, I am having to go the slow route of writing a book on it. I guess I will get famous one day and leave my legacy behind with the book, but I would much rather talk to someone about it now, so I can look in their face and watch their eyes go glassy as they realize the implications of what I am saying.

I will be literally as famous as Darwin and his Theory of Evolution, if I can get the book done and it makes sense to people.

Comment

They look like swirls of dogshit.

Oh, sorry. Got to let Mickey out again...
                              This is why no one on the planet earth seems to know what I do.

I try to tell people, and this is the type of intellectual reply that is posted.

I specifically asked for your cooperation Doc. I guess you think you are funny. I think you are disappointing.

Comment

Originally posted by mbokohutu View Post
                                Ur funny.

You really have no idea what is going on there, do you?

If you care to reply, how long have you been practicing kung fu, and what styles of kung fu have you practiced?

If you feel the question is objectionable, you don't have to reply.
                                Yeah, it's called the Fa Hui style, lol.

Why don't you video tape yourself testing it out by punching something with your fist while your thumb is tucked like that as hard as you can, full force.
                                "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Working...
                                X