predicting the future

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• predicting the future

I was wondering, now I've taken a business statistics class and know about probablity, somewhat..

However, I was thinking what if time was like a stream with a bunch of stepping stones. You don't know what water molecule will go through it, but certain things you do know.
    "If you want pure self-defense buy a can of mace." Grandmaster Villari (I think that is it).

Predicting the future=completely impossible!

Thanks for playing.

Comment

Predicting the future isn't totally impossible. For example. I'm going to throw a rock in the pond. The water is going to splash. I know this and it has not yet happened...

But for other things, bigger things, more distant things, you can't really tell the future. You can maybe take a lucky guess and have it come true. But to actually know for a fact what the future holds is not going to happen.

One thing you can do though.. If you are afraid of the future or uncertain about what the future holds. Then you can change what might happen by changing your present actions. If you do many good things, many good things will come to you. If you work hard and study hard, you will be rewarded in the future. On the other hand, if you don't work or study hard and you are constantly doing bad things, bad things will come back your way.

So, to be sure that your future will be bright, work hard, study hard, and be the best person you can. This way you are changing the future for yourself right now. Even though you can't predict the future, if you are heading down a bad road and bad things are in your future, you can quickly change it before it happens by changing your ways in this present time.

Comment

Predicting the future isn't totally impossible. For example. I'm going to throw a rock in the pond. The water is going to splash. I know this and it has not yet happened...
        There are still unknowns, too many variables, not enough equations....

What if there were extraordinary winds, or a bird picked off your pass. Speaking of water, it can flow up hill, given enough head. Now, you can forcast the future, to some degree, but when does your educated guess become a fact, not until after whatever the said event is. So now, even this is open for interpretation. I can say with fair certainty that a man will walk through this door to my office, but what will he be wearing, why, and when.
        practice wu de

Comment

"given enough head"

Lets try to keep our mind ouyt of the gutters for at least a few minutes. Sheesh.

Comment

I figured someone would do that.. it is a way of measuring pressure, funny thing is its units breakdown to length.....
            practice wu de

Comment

lol He said units and length!

Comment

Working...
              X