Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

U.S. vs CHINA, just how stupid is the world anyway?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK Chicken, so you're not a communist. If you'll notice I said I wasn't calling you one, it just seemed to be the natural conclusion to some of your statements, based on my skimming. I was really just looking for clarification.

Now, let's say I did explicitly label you a communist. Why the hell would I apologize? So you would hold an unpopular political opinion. I think I could deal with it. This isn't the 50's. Or say, China. BTW, are they allowing web searches for words like "freedom" over there yet?

I think your aspersion is not only insulting to me but to every single person out there that considers themselves to be a communist.
    You're the one demanding an apology for just raising the question or whether or not you are one! Talk about insulting.

Beliving in right and wrong would make me judgemental and I'd rather stick needless in my eyes.
    Yes, of course it would make you judgmental. That's sort of the point... you know, judging between that which is good for the world and that which is bad. If you don't even have your own opinion on that, and are happy to simply default to the ideals of the culture being discussed, then what exactly is your point? A China-led world would be a good thing according to Chinese values? Wow.

Ancient Mayans used to sacrifice children and slaves for better weather. Was that right or wrong? Or would you rather not be "judgmental"?

(BTW, I don't have a computer at home so I couldn't reply until today. And I do have a problem going around "slandering" people I've never seen on an anonymous forum, but in this case I didn't, and I don't feel I would have done so even if I did really call you a communist.)
    Last edited by zachsan; 04-09-2007, 06:27 PM.

Comment

WTF Zachsan

Its none of your business what my political leanings are. If you call someone out, then they have to respond, or the readership might listen to your ill-concieved reasoning, and think I'm a Communist, and even the mere suggestion constitues slander.

When overstepping the mark and upsetting someone, its curteous to apologise. If you aren't big enough to do so, then this interaction is over.

Chicken

Comment

When overstepping the mark and upsetting someone, its curteous to apologise. If you aren't big enough to do so, then this interaction is over.
        Even when you never, you know, insulted the person? Not in my book. But of course you're free to be as sensitive as you want.

...The readership might listen to your ill-concieved reasoning, and think I'm a Communist, and even the mere suggestion constitues slander.
        I think your aspersion is not only insulting to me but to every single person out there that considers themselves to be a communist.
        There must be something I'm missing here... So not only is it an insult to even suggest you may be a communist, but it would be an insult to communists everywhere to say you're one of them. OK then...

Comment

Working...
        X