love surpasses time and breaks all bounderies,

love is to forgive,

to feel one's pain,

to care,

love is a powerful thing,

and it is in us all,

ever since the day we took our first breath,

we would not have survived without it.
    "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

O, to be 20. I remember those days like they were just three years ago.

Anyway, no offense Master Splinter, and I do admire your courage for posting poetry on the Internet (on a martial arts forum no less), but: Bullshit. Allow me to quote a few lines of Leonard Cohen:

Well baby I've been here before
    I've seen this room and I've walked this floor
    You know, I used to live alone before I knew ya
    And I saw the flag on the marble arch
    But love is not a victory march
    It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

Well maybe there's a god above
    But all I've ever learned from love
    Is how to shoot somebody who outdrew ya
    And it's not a cry that you hear at night
    It's not somebody who's seen the light
    It's a cold and it's a broken hallelujah

**** yeah.
    Last edited by zachsan; 06-01-2007, 09:17 PM.

Comment

I think I'm with Zachsan on this one.

Some of my relationships almost ended up being international incidents. Or at least they should have...
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

i agree with Leonard.
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Love is a wonderful – many splendered – thing. Relationships are a bitch!

Comment

Love is certainly NOT a fishstick.

Looking for love is like being a woman looking for that handsome male hooker with two penises- outside of coney island it just aint happenin'

Comment

oh gawd...

notice how i left women completely out of it...
              "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

Originally posted by master splinter
                oh gawd...

notice how i left women completely out of it...

Hmm...in that case i have a website i can refer you to.

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
                  Hmm...in that case i have a website i can refer you to.
                  Evil, just evil!

Comment

Love=affectionate devotion

Comment

Mortal! im in Brooklyn. Shoot me a pm with contact information if you feel like hanging out.

Comment

Dogchow, what is this fascination with this website????

Damn boy, we need to get you to Vegas again for some "retraining".
                        Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                        russbo.com

Comment

I cant help it! you know those times when something you see just etches itself into your brain and torments you so bad that the only way to feel better about it is to make sure others are losing sleep over it too???

well...hopefully not, but in any case...

besides I have a theory that the site is relevant to Russbo on account of reports i've heard of BTL being the person on top.

Comment

HaHaHa
                            "Winners turn to losers, losers are forgotten..." - A Tribe Called Quest

Comment

How about this?

How about this for a definition.
                              " The willingness to extend yourself, (push your own limits) for the growth of yourself or another."
                              OK "growth" could do with it's own definition, spiritual growth, enlightenment, etc. but i think it's not bad. Someone wrote a whole series of books on the subject many years ago. (S. Scott Peck i think)
                              It doesn't give you that lovely warm feeling when you read it but i have found it to be pretty robust as a definition. Whilst a definition is a rather intellectual thing when compared to the more important being able to do it thing, i do find it sometimes useful at those "What the F@£k! am i doing", and "This might be getting out of hand!?" moments to have a point of reference.
                              It covers the passionate kind of love one feels for the opposite sex, and the less illusory kinds. It also manages to make that important distinction between the healthier kind of relationships which encourage development and the ones sometimes described as loving but actually only based on need which frequently try to stifle development or enlightenment.
                              On the subject of passionate love, a word to the disheartened. That period when you mutually feel you've met someone who finally sees you and appreciates you for who you really are, that blissful completeness, and wretched illusion. It dawned on me recently that whilst focused on one person that feeling is an illusion, however i'm pretty sure that is what enlightenment feels like, that completeness, you just feel like that all the time; in the presence of everything... i think i'd better rush off and meditate!
                              Oh here's an interesting one! Love, the modern taboo. Sit in a room of ordinary people and start talking about the love you feel for them all and watch everyone getting really uncomfortable! Isn't that sad! It must be the one thing every single human being on the surface of this planet most profoundly wants, and we're too embarrassed to talk about it unless we can tidy it away into a sexual relationship.
                              As far as i'm concerned life is utterly pointless, we can only give it purpose.
                              Fate is fickle, and then you're going to die, so will your children, and all the future generations, and the planet and eventually the universe. When you look at it in those terms the only thing which will give you a profound sense of well being right now and through the greatest of hardships and the full enjoyment of good fortune is that sensation love.
                              Reviewing the options available learning to love, as per definition above, is the only thing i can see worth making an effort for.
                              Written with love to each and everyone of you!
                              Feeling uncomfortable yet?

Comment

Working...
                              X