Did you choose the right BJJ academy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in buddhism we say; desire is the root of all evil

why? well, obviously people dont desire to be sad, or angry etc they desire happiness, its just natural it makes you "feel" good. but feeling "good" is superficial, just as in christianity they say "from dust to dust" this world and this body isnt the ultimate truth, god is the only "ultimate truth", therefore, since we aspire to understand god we have to try and be like 'him'..which doesnt mean rejecting emotions etc but accepting them, not relying or indulgeing in them..you know what i mean?

so, from a buddhist or taoist perspective, if your caught up in only trying to make yourself happy, your always going to be caught up with yourself, which ("you" or "self" being an illusion or superficial) is merely just another form of desire

amitabha
    "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

I recall hearing an explanation somewhere, I can't remember whether it was in a book or in a dream. I think it may have been a dream, but it matters not.The events, trials, and tribulations of life are like a maelstrom, a savage hurricane which howls rains down upon us from all angles. Our instinctual response to this is to hold on to things like a drowning man clutches at driftwood. The irony is that, in each and every moment we have the oppurtunity to be in nirvana, to realize paradise, simply by letting go. By letting the storm rage and posing no resistance to it, we become the storm, and remember the intensity of our divinity.

The "holding on" is the manifestation of emotion. The letting go is the manifestation of bliss.

But its not even a matter of just letting go, or holding on. It's a matter of just breathing. Breath and remember your divinity. Allow yourself to smile. Because the beautiful truth of it, is that WE ARE. We are.
      Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Originally posted by daodejing
        I recall hearing an explanation somewhere, I can't remember whether it was in a book or in a dream. I think it may have been a dream, but it matters not.The events, trials, and tribulations of life are like a maelstrom, a savage hurricane which howls rains down upon us from all angles.
        where would we be without your elegant prose?

Comment

Vegas baby, vegas.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

Hmm, this is interesting, from brazilian ju-jutsu to the meaning of life, hmmmm

My opinion, is that once probably isn't going to label you a creonte, but you don't want to go from school to school. Your body needs time after getting hit hard to recouperate. Some of the competitions can get bloodthirsty, so I have heard. You ought to be getting stronger, not weaker.

on the other topics, personally as a christian I have a totally different view point. I think people should learn to be happy with what they already have. You go around chasing things you dont' have, you could never be happy. I view emotions as god given. Life has it's bad times, and it's good times. As long as I can study martial arts, have food in my stomach, and a warm bed, a few dollars in my pocket, and working toward my goals things are alright. I think there are people with less than that. With out the bad times would I appreciate what god is going to give me? I thing people should be positive, there is already to much negativity in the world already. What does negativity do?
            http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

on the other topics, personally as a christian I have a totally different view point. I think people should learn to be happy with what they already have. You go around chasing things you dont' have, you could never be happy. I view emotions as god given. Life has it's bad times, and it's good times. As long as I can study martial arts, have food in my stomach, and a warm bed, a few dollars in my pocket, and working toward my goals things are alright. I think there are people with less than that. With out the bad times would I appreciate what god is going to give me? I thing people should be positive, there is already to much negativity in the world already. What does negativity do?
              How can you be "happy with what you have" if you have no happiness, or nothing to be happy about.

It's all a cycle and nothing is permanent. The best thing to do is to be happy with progress.

Anyway, I am thinkin of this place

westcoastma.com

When my schedule clears up that's where I wanna head to.
              Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

You're just going there because of the pseudo babes with the big fake boobs.

Focus man, focus.
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

DUDE HER TITS ARE HUGE
                  Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

DUDE, she was in Las Vegas.

What did you expect?

You're living in the wrong place.
                    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

god damn gonna have to head out there soon!

Comment

Walmart, Walmart. After midnight. That's where I saw her. With all the other freaks of nature.

Walmart is GREAT after midnight...

russbo.com

Comment

haha nice, damn the wallmarts near my place have nasty old people there and aren't open after 11

Comment

I completely understand the dilemma you’re facing. When choosing an academy, it’s important to find one that aligns with your goals and values. If competition is important to you and your current academy doesn’t focus on it, it might be worth considering other options. However, switching academies should be done respectfully and with proper communication. It’s important to discuss your concerns with your professor and fellow students to see if there is a way to find a compromise or explore other opportunities within your current academy. Ultimately, the decision is yours, and it’s important to prioritize your personal growth and happiness in your training journey. Good luck with your poll on jiujitsunow.com.

Comment

Working...
                            X