Fighting tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighting tips

Hello, i'm looking for tips in a real fight, also, i'm looking for tips in playing body shots.
    besides the usual...eye gouge, fakes, groin kicking, how would i come in...what are some nice combinations,
    that follow through? Same goes for body shots. I like to spar, using full power, and everything, but only to the body...also knowing i can hit the face...i don't know its hard to explain, sorri im bad at posting...
    I'm still new here.

A thing I learned from my small experience is that whenever ur opponent is too close to your taste and is getting the upperhand, a flurry of punches at his face will more than likely make him back up.

And if an opponent tries that on you, back away just enough to get out of his arm reach, but close enough kick his leading knee.

Comment

your head, elbows and knees are the hardest parts of your body, and can usually act with the most power, especially in close-in situations. connect these parts of your body with the soft parts of your opponent's body, with a lot of force. until you're a master of the secrets of the wudan temple, that's all you need to know.

also, never forget the cardinal rule: never bring a knife to a gunfight.

Comment

i wouldnt suggest a flurry of punches to the dome, espcially since if you fight a skilled ma on the street, they could easily grab you and pull you to the ground, or quickly sidestep your little attack flurry and kick or hit your many many open gates that will definately be open if both ares are just rapidly punching at someones head or atleast were their head "should" be

amitabha
        "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

Know the fighting measure. The fighting measure is the maximum distance from which you know you can strike while still being out of range of your opponent. Control the range. When your opponent attacks, back off or sidestep. Continue this until he gets frustrated and then advance into his lead by ducking under/parrying his strike and countering.
          Show me a man who has forgotten words, so that I can have a word with him.

Comment

One thing too, is perhaps you would use the strike to head, to hide a strike to the groin or other area. Another thing, is all it takes one strike to the head. Personally, I wouldn't want to strike them there, wouldn't want to kill someone.
            http://www.blogger.com/profile/16155538

Comment

Let's see...what could you do...hmm... you do wing chun...you even though of just chain punching?

Comment

What if your opponent is only three inches from you...

YOU PUT YOUR FIST THROUGH HIM!

*punches through wood*

Begin!
                Becoming what I've dreamed about.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost A Ghost
                  Let's see...what could you do...hmm... you do wing chun...you even though of just chain punching?
                  why not? If it gets him off, good for him for not thinking inside the box.

Comment

I say get a sense of how your opponent moves. Let him attack and encourage him through your movements to attack, this way you get a sense of how he moves, then base your movements off your feelings of how he moves. This will take some sensitivity training which can be developed by practicing standing meditation every day.

Basically you want to base the situation on feeling and not on technique. You must learn to move from your gut not from your thinking. But I hear that a slip, a duck, jab, cross, hook, roundhouse kick works quite well. And don't try to step back from an attack, side-step.
                    "For some reason I'm in a good mood today. I haven't left the house yet, though. "

"fa hui, you make buddhism sexy." -Zachsan

"Friends don't let friends do Taekwondo." -Nancy Reagan

Comment

Originally posted by dogchow108
                      why not? If it gets him off, good for him for not thinking inside the box.
                      Good for him for not applying what he learns? ok then....

Comment

good for him for not getting hurt. MA teaches you to take advantage of what you can. that could be a barstool or a pool stick, but it could also be a technique that you wouldn't normally use.

Comment

Originally posted by Almost A Ghost
                          Good for him for not applying what he learns? ok then....
                          good for him for not just standing there in some ready pose because his master told him its the key to all his martial success. Follow your instincts first. Then, when you're good enough, experiment with fighting like a robot.

Comment

[QUOTE=dogchow108]good for him for not just standing there in some ready pose because his master told him its the key to all his martial success.[quote]

Ready pose? who said anything about a "Ready Pose"?

Follow your instincts first. Then, when you're good enough, experiment with fighting like a robot.
                            Unless you practice was is taught to you on a regular basis then "Robot fighting" would be instinct.

Comment

Yea, but most chances are that a martial artist in a fight will not be able to use what he knows really wel in a fight. I've heard the "your training should become your instinct" line a billion times and seen it in reality maybe once. maybe. All the other cases the guy got taken down by a flurry of punches because he was overwhelmed or the guy won because he stepped into reality, realized he wasnt ready for robot fighting and faught accordingly.

What you learn in martial arts as far as fights are concerned is to win. Especially in a system like wing chun. If you're not ready to win using purely wing chun technique and you get your ass handed to you because you are too stubborn, you deserve whatever you get served.
                              Last edited by dogchow108; 01-27-2005, 09:18 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X