No announcement yet.

Legitimate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Its a lesson if it isn't already instilled into you, which if it isn't means you're not really a member of society.
    please, tell that to the millions and millions of people incarcerated in prison, children growing up in impoverished areas, people with anger problems, gang members, men who beat their wives, women who physically abuse their men, or even just to the common 'joe' who thinks fighting is cool...

i think you'll find there are more people who haven't learned that lesson than you're aware of. in fact, the assumption itself shows your lack of understanding. and as a teacher, you (especially) have the responsibility to educate others about why it is you do what you do.
    ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

• Originally posted by onesp1ng View Post
      please, tell that to the millions and millions of people incarcerated in prison, children growing up in impoverished areas, people with anger problems, gang members, men who beat their wives, women who physically abuse their men, or even just to the common 'joe' who thinks fighting is cool...

i think you'll find there are more people who haven't learned that lesson than you're aware of. in fact, the assumption itself shows your lack of understanding. and as a teacher, you (especially) have the responsibility to educate others about why it is you do what you do.
      I see your point.

To an extent, i agree, however, what we do and who we are is governed by personal choice. So yes there are exceptions to the rule, and no, i shouldn't generalise. But everyone knows whats right and whats wrong regardless of who you are. Or where you come from.

And back to what i just said, if you don't then you aren't really a member of society, I.e. you are in prison, or a gang member that robs and kills people for drugs, or a person who hits the one theyre supposed to love. These are all seen as things that are NOT socially acceptable, and if we lived in a place where all us assholes couldn't debate like this endlessly then those that are seen as socially inept, (see examples above) would be dealt with in in an equally horrific way.

However, withing my role as an instructor, it is my responsibility to educate and help. Even if it is like bashing my head against a wall.

Comment

• Like it or not, these people are still members of society. In your own personal opinion, you can cast them out of society and deem them to be inhuman. But the fact remains that they are still human, and most are still part of society.

I can agree to a certain extent that people know right from wrong. There are certain cases where an individual or group of people are so traumatized that they can forget. There is also mental illness.

So that is your ideal? simply Take away their humanity? easy for you to say. But Its not gonna happen.

A teacher is a person who is already accomplished in what they are teaching. Just because you claim to be a martial artist and know some esoteric possibly nonexistent style. Real or not, being a good martial artist does not necessarily make you a good person.

You can see the example in the founder of aikido ueshiba's philosophy, and how he transformed his art into one with no attacks, this is a prime example of martial virtue. As opposed to these guys Yapping their traps selling woof woof tickets, using simple parlor tricks that anyone can do, like breaking bottles filled with water, etc.

To teach character, takes superior character. So i dont think this Clown Fu Pay character has it in em anyway.

And he claims to be a teacher too?

I feel sorry for the world, i really do...
        "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

• Like it or not, these people are still members of society. In your own personal opinion, you can cast them out of society and deem them to be inhuman. But the fact remains that they are still human, and most are still part of society.

I can agree to a certain extent that people know right from wrong. There are certain cases where an individual or group of people are so traumatized that they can forget. There is also mental illness.

So that is your ideal? simply Take away their humanity? easy for you to say. But Its not gonna happen.

A teacher is a person who is already accomplished in what they are teaching. Just because you claim to be a martial artist and know some esoteric possibly nonexistent style. Real or not, being a good martial artist does not necessarily make you a good person.

You can see the example in the founder of aikido ueshiba's philosophy, and how he transformed his art into one with no attacks, this is a prime example of martial virtue. As opposed to these guys Yapping their traps selling woof woof tickets, using simple parlor tricks that anyone can do, like breaking bottles filled with water, etc.

To teach character, takes superior character. So i dont think this Clown Fu Pay character has it in em anyway.

And he claims to be a teacher too?

I feel sorry for the world, i really do...

Youre still a fraud in my book.

Though i leave you a chance to prove yourself.

For a real martial artist, that shouldnt be hard at all.
          "Life is a run. In attack we run, in defense we run. When you can no longer run, time to die" - Shichiroji "Seven samurai"

Comment

• Btw

here it comes. A barrage of excuses such as..."i dont have to prove anything to you" and " i dont have any videos or pictures to share"... along those lines...

Whatever, losers like you end up getting enough pity to survive, so im not worried.

Comment

• yeah ultimately, we're all apart of society fu. people who're perceived to be socially inept dangerous etc even 'the freaks' well they make up a large percentage of the world's population. maybe even the majority. that's why the difference between one's so-called 'i' and the ills of society are so interrelated.

what is right and wrong? i mean, if "fighting is bad," as you put it, why do so many people do it then? use it as a threat? why not say i'll kick your ass in a good old-fashioned game of chess or something? why does it always come down to physical displays or aggression?

even yourself, for example, didn't seem to hesitate in starting a fight upon first joining russbo. you suggested stabbing someone in the neck, if they offended your clan. this all, of course, seemed pretty 'gang-like' and 'socially unacceptable' to me, but it's apparently fine and 'acceptable' to you. so how can one be sure... they're actually not speaking about themselves... while pointing fingers at others?

the saying goes, 「畫虎畫皮,難畫骨。知人知面,不知心。」one may know a person for a long time without understanding his or her true nature. in this case it seems to take on a bit of a double meaning.
              ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

the saying goes, 「畫虎畫皮,難畫骨。知人知面,不知心。」one may know a person for a long time without understanding his or her true nature.
                How many times have I seen that in my life...
                Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                russbo.com

Comment

• i dont have time to wonder or care about a persons true nature, like fu jow, i could careless about him ultimately, but i think hes funny, obviously passionate about something..not sure what, and in the end hes bringing together some thought provoking ideas..so yknow crazy old world we live in
                  "did you ask me to consider dick with you??" blooming tianshi lotus

Comment

• Fu u say people make their own choice.

Do u choose the content and form of the thoughts u will have in 2 minutes, of the dream u will have tonight, of the time u will sleep, of ur heart beating?

Freud with the exploration of unconscious said we are not the master in the house.

Psychoanalysis, sociology tend to show how we are determined.

Ur belief in freedom seems quite western and maybe go back to christianity. I guess when u see people do bad things u must be angry because u think they are free to do otherwise.

As we r in shaolin forum, lets talk about budism. Budism often says that phenomenas are pure but that violence and suffering are created by ignorance which is an absence, a non existent. If somebody does something bad for a budist it is because he is ignorant and a budist would not be angry at something that is absent but would try to fill it with love

Also u may look at emptiness, absence of independant existence. Things appear to be dependant on causes and conditions. Isrealians are not born in the same culture that Gandhi and with the support of USA they will more easily respond by violence to their problems, no? Are they free to do otherwise or is it dependant on their history, culture? Could they do something else? Where is the self that is free if it depends on the air, on the sun, on the earth?

u also say everydbody has a notion of right and wrong i am not so sure about that and it seems like coming back to the belief in a god that tell u what is right. U look bit like a punk. Have u ever wondered if the thiefs are really the bad guys in a capitalist society that let million of people die without medicine and food in the world?

Finally u say u and ur master r non violent. Do u have a blog where u give the explanation to save all the suffering in the world, all the political problems, all the psychological problems, all the animal suffering? Is ur master going to run for president to save the world? that would be so kind of him as u say he has reached non violence...

Peace and love

Comment

• there is a lot of stuff to read on here with a lot of good ideas.

I thank you all for your input.

I think that there is also quite a bit that is born of a modern concept of political correctness, and that although in an ideal world thats great, we don't live in one.

If i were a god i would stop all the suffering in the world and save the animals, but im not and i cant. So what do i do?
                      Probably the same as everyone else, but more aggressively because i believe im right.

There is a great deal of theology going on on this page, what can be practically achieved is another matter.

Splinter, **** OFF.

Comment

even yourself, for example, didn't seem to hesitate in starting a fight upon first joining russbo. you suggested stabbing someone in the neck, if they offended your clan.
                        yep but you know why that was......

and i categorically DID NOT say anything about stabbing people or striking them in the neck, im sure that was someone else.

and it was kicking to the neck too.

please, i would never threaten anyone with a blade, its not cool.
                        some twat did it to me once it wasn't very funny.

Comment

• Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                          Btw

here it comes. A barrage of excuses such as..."i dont have to prove anything to you" and " i dont have any videos or pictures to share"... along those lines...

Whatever, losers like you end up getting enough pity to survive, so im not worried.
                          you're still a wanker

Comment

• Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post

There is a great deal of theology going on on this page, what can be practically achieved is another matter.

Splinter, **** OFF.
                            Now there's some theology that I can understand...
                            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
                            russbo.com

Comment

• Originally posted by Fu Jow Pai View Post
                              there is a lot of stuff to read on here with a lot of good ideas.

I thank you all for your input.

I think that there is also quite a bit that is born of a modern concept of political correctness, and that although in an ideal world thats great, we don't live in one.

If i were a god i would stop all the suffering in the world and save the animals, but im not and i cant. So what do i do?
                              Probably the same as everyone else, but more aggressively because i believe im right.

Splinter, **** OFF.
                              Ha,

Whatever. You're full of shit. You can act smart all you want, You wont get it past me. You called ghandi a racist biggot. Omfg you are retarded.

You think that being able to do parlor tricks like shattering bottles filled with water (its the water folks)

For all of you out there who cant do it yet. This girl can do it...

i Guess she can shatter bones and rupture organs on impact, mike tyson and george foreman cower before the great bottle breaking gimmick.

The secret is out. Too bad for you and everyone else who uses this trick to WOW people into believing that you know some stupid form of kung fu.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-hBMyaigqI"]YouTube - Beer Bottle Breaking Tutorial[/ame]

Your a typical fake ****. You come around talkin shit, acting like a badass, proclaiming your fake style of martial arts, saying this and that about yourself and your fake ass lineage, pretty much disagreeing with everyone...

And then bam! within the same day Paradigm ****in shift! and all of a sudden you're mr enlightened kung fu teacher who knows everything about the world life and how "god" should act. " If i were a god i would stop all the suffering in the world and save the animals"

Really? oh geez, he would save the animals? this guy is so smart, he knows everything! Liutang, give this guy a cookie he deserves it.

You're a freakin moron, and i will never **** off, sorry. You are going to have to do better then that, if you want me to do any ****ing.

hahaha.
                              Last edited by master splinter; 05-19-2009, 05:28 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by master splinter View Post
                                Ha,

Whatever. You're full of shit. You can act smart all you want, You wont get it past me. You called ghandi a racist biggot. Omfg you are retarded.

You think that being able to do parlor tricks like shattering bottles filled with water (its the water folks)

For all of you out there who cant do it yet. This girl can do it...

i Guess she can shatter bones and rupture organs on impact, mike tyson and george foreman cower before the great bottle breaking gimmick.

YouTube - Beer Bottle Breaking Tutorial

Your a typical fake ****. You come around talkin shit, acting like a badass, proclaiming your fake style of martial arts, saying this and that about yourself and your fake ass lineage, pretty much disagreeing with everyone...

And then bam! within the same day Paradigm ****in shift! and all of a sudden you're mr enlightened kung fu teacher who knows everything about the world life and how "god" should act. " If i were a god i would stop all the suffering in the world and save the animals"

Really? oh geez, he would save the animals? this guy is so smart, he knows everything! Liutang, give this guy a cookie he deserves it.

You're a freakin moron, and i will never **** off, sorry. You are going to have to do better then that, if you want me to do any ****ing.

hahaha.
                                your still a dick

Comment

Working...
                                X