Chinese Budget Airlines

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Budget Airlines

I've had relatively few bad experiences with Chinese airlines, but the few that I've had were things that you just never see in other Asian or Western airlines. One day, I'll tell those stories. But until then, this newspaper report from MSNBC really tells it all. Zhengzhou, by the way, is where you fly into when you go to Shaolin.

A budget Chinese airline took flying pains to a new level Thursday after it made passengers get out and help push their broken plane to the gate, the Daily Mail reported.

The CRJ7 plane, with 69 passengers and seven crew members on board, had just flown from Guilin in the south of China, to Zhengzhou, the capital of Henan province. The plane landed safely but then died before it could taxi to the arrivals terminal.

The staff could not push the airplane on its own, so the passengers were asked to pitch in. Even with the added muscle power, it took the group nearly two hours to get the plane off the runway.

“Thank God it was only a 20-ton medium-sized airplane,” one of the airport workers told the Daily Mail. “If it were a big plane, it would have knocked us out.”
    Be forewarned, LOL.
    Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
    russbo.com

before it could taxi? so, they couldnt get one of those trucks to drive out there and pull it in? insane. but i guess, if you dont get out and push, you dont get your luggage!

i've always taken the train. not as fast, but its pretty comfortable and i've never run into any type of problem going that way.

Comment

The train is not bad as long as you go sleeper class. I won't even think about going "hard seat". And, you have to put up with the inconsiderate smokers.
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Also should be considered the karma created by pollution when travelling (and i m not talking about killing insects, we are not on a buddhist site here)> Though it is just an impression, i guess trains are less polluting.

I m given more consideration to pollution and climate change these days, with all the karma it implies and the destructions implied. I just dont understand the habit of air conditioner, it seems that agains instead of learning how to use inside Qi to regulate ur feelings/pain, we use outside tools that are destructive. Sometimes it seems the world is running the head down. Like in my school they close all the curtains and turn on the lights. I m not sure about the buddhist axiom that all creatures are looking for pleasure, it seems there is a deep masochism that makes us run for suffering.

From Shangrila/Shambala with peace and love

Comment

I think it has more to do with the fact that China has not yet experienced "lawyers" than an issue of karma.

I've flown many of these airlines. And by far, the mechanical support with some of these airlines is just atrocious.

I remember taking a flight to Xin Jiang from Beijing, a three and a half hour flight. We sat on that plane on the tarmac for almost an hour, before the crew decided to take us off. Something to do with making "fuel calculations" and "would we have enough fuel to make it".

Upon deplaning, I noticed a steady drip of jet fuel coming from the center fuel tank between the wings, with a large pool of fuel under the plane.

The pilot and another gentleman were standing next to this drip. I was wondering if these idiots were counting the drips and trying to calculate if the plane would make it to Xin Jiang.

One of the men weas smoking.

Pure idiocy.

The point of the story: when flying in China, stick with the larger established airlines. China Southern and Dragon Air. Try to take other airlines in and out of the country (Thai, Singapore, Cathay Pacific).

The Chinese just have not evolved up to the rest of the world yet.

russbo.com

Comment

Originally posted by doc View Post
            The train is not bad as long as you go sleeper class. I won't even think about going "hard seat". And, you have to put up with the inconsiderate smokers.
            right, i always go top bunk. thats where the a/c is and its a bit more private, but the smoke will reach you wherever you are.

as for domestic flights in china, i've never tried it. too afraid! in and out of china i always go with cathay pacific. i like them.

Comment

Working...
            X