Chinese Phrases

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chinese Phrases

Ok guys and girls, I was wondering if anyone had any useful chinese phrases that they wanted to post. I'm slowly learning bits and pieces from Shifu Heng Sheng at STUK and from my local chinese doctor. I thought perhaps people could contribute what they know and perhaps we could all learn a little bit, who knows? I've listed below my extent of "useful" chinese phrases. (I don't count the meridian points I've learnt as useful phrases since I can't see them being used in every day conversation).

I..........................................wo
    You......................................ni
    He/She................................ta
    Yes......................................shi
    No.......................................bu shi
    Hello....................................ni hao.
    How are you?......................ni hao ma?
    I'm fine................................wo hen hao
    Good morning ....................zao shang hao.
    Good afternoon..................xia wu hao.
    Good evening ....................wan shang hao.
    Goodbye.............................zai jian.
    Thank you...........................xie xie.
    Please ................................qing
    You're welcome ................. bu ke qi
    I'm sorry ............................ dui bu qi
    What is your name?.............ni jiao shen me ming zi?
    My name is ........................ wo jiao
    Can you speak English?......ni hui shuo yingyu ma?

Apologies for any inaccuracies and mis-spellings, I'm a beginner.

By the way, any useful phrases for chatting to cute chinese girls would be appreciated, I've found myself a remarkable young lady in town!

Before anyone has to say it, that is a reason for me starting this thread but I also really want to improve my chinese more.
    Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Angelfire on Lycos, established in 1995, is one of the leading personal publishing communities on the Web. Angelfire makes it easy for members to create their own blogs, web sites, get a web address (domain) and start publishing online.

Basic words and phrases for meeting people. You can find useful things there. Asking age and nationality and whatever...

For this young lady you can try "Ni you yi shuang mei li de yan jing". Meaning, you have beautiful eyes. Ni you= you have, yi shuang= one pair, mei li= beautiful, yan jing= eyes... And "de" has to be put between the noun and the adjective if the adjective is more than one character... example: hao peng you= good friend (no "de").... zui hao de peng you= best friend. (zui hao= most good.. two characters, so use "de" to connect it to the noun, peng you in this case meaning friend)

If you aren't to the point where you can make such an open compliment, you can say simple things like "wo zhen de xi huan ni" meaning I really like you. And "wo xi wang neng zai jian dao ni" meaning I hope I can meet you again. Those things are simple and nice and can give her the idea that you are interested in her but not so forward. But if you've past that stage, give her the beautiful eyes line. It's nice, and will surprise her with your Chinese.

Comment

Xiao, try "wo yo yi ge hen da cock".

Xingjian has nice phrases, but, hey, let's not waste time here....
      Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

"You're just a jaded cynical mother****er...." Jeffpeg

(more comments in my User Profile)
      russbo.com

Comment

I..........................................wo §Ú
        You......................................ni §A
        He/She................................ta ¥L/¦o
        Yes......................................shi ¬O.
        No.......................................bu shi ¤£¬O
        Hello....................................ni hao. §A¦n.
        How are you?......................ni hao ma? §A¦n¶Ü?
        I'm fine................................wo hen hao §Ú«Ü¦n.
        Good morning ....................zao shang hao. ¦_¤W¦n. (MainLand ) zao an ¦_¦w .(TaiWan)
        Good afternoon..................xia wu hao. ¤U¤È¦n. (ML) xia an ¤U¦w. (TW)
        Good evening ....................wan shang hao. ±ß¤W¦n. (ML) wan an (TW) ±ß¦w.
        Goodbye.............................zai jian. ¦A¨£.
        Thank you...........................xie xie. ÁÂÁÂ.
        Please ................................qing ½Ð.
        You're welcome ................. bu ke qi ¤£«È®ð.
        I'm sorry ............................ dui bu qi ¹ï¤£°_.
        What is your name?.............ni jiao shen me ming zi? §A¥s¤°»ò¦W¦r?
        My name is ........................ wo jiao §Ú¥s.....
        Can you speak English?......ni hui shuo yingyu ma? §A·|»¡_^»y¶Ü?

I can give the traditional characters if you'd like. But seems when I try to post them some of the characters change. (two characters...: the zao in zao shang hao, zao an, and the ying in ying yu ..)

enjoy..

G
        ZhongwenMovies.com

Comment

Thanks Xingjian.

Smooth Doc, Smooth. Tell me, has it ever worked for you?
          Don't trouble trouble until trouble troubles you.

Comment

Works every time.

Regardless of the language, lol...
            Experienced Community organizer. Yeah, let's choose him to run the free world. It will be historic. What could possibly go wrong...

russbo.com

Comment

Ji ba... Wo you yi ge da ji ba. haha

Comment

any translations?

lol, I think I don't want to know.
                practice wu de

Comment

That means "I have a big cock". But it's just for reference if you want to tell some Chinese lady. She might walk away disgusted, you might get slapped, or she might like it and go with you. If you don't give a damn, it's worth a chance.. Except I've noticed in a smaller city, most Chinese ladies know all the other ones so it might get you in trouble or it might get you some attention. Depending on how you say it and if you are smooth or not, and the luck of which one you say it to. Oh yeah, also, most of the Chinese know all the Koreans who know all the Viets who know all the Thais...... So you may be in some big trouble if you f*ck it up. You just have to be cool.

Comment

LOL, OK , sort of what I figured
                    practice wu de

Comment

be cool? that is a horrible, horrible idea. before man undertakes such tasks, he must leave all notions of coolness on the doorstep, waiting hand in hand with his sobriety for him to return to them.

the true answer is, get wasted and see what happens. if you're lucky, then 10% of the time, you'll wake up the next morning with someone attractive next to you, and if you're really, really lucky, then you'll be able to bear the pain long enough to open your eyes and see her.

Comment

ji ba. Thanks for refreshing my memory. Remember the FLW's mentioning something about "chee ba", lol, years ago.

russbo.com

Comment

What's the FLW's?

Never forget ji ba. Even if it's the only word you know. Then you just point and say ji ba. They will know...

By "be cool" I didn't mean a certain way to act. There isn't one. If you're a loser, you're a loser. You have to be cool already. So, how do you get the girls? Well first of all, you have to be either me or Doc.

Comment

Yes.

And have a hen da ji ba.

lol....

(One day, I shall educate you in the ways of the FLW's.. )

russbo.com

Comment

Bored of being rejected in English and pigeon French already? Why worry about talking Chinese to the poor things. You usually scare them off with your overly hairyness and leg humping....

Comment

Working...
                              X